Color space and profile questions?

<p>I just have some questions about color space between two different programs. I use ACDSEE for my raw processing where I make most of my adjustments and then I use Photoshop CS4 to make final adjustments.<br>

I do have a calibrated montior profile using a spyder. My question is should I be putting my input profile as my calibrated monitor profile within the ACDSEE and CS4? If my monitor is calibrated with the profile through windows shouldn't I see how things should be without putting the profiles into ACDSEE and CS4? <br>

I do not notice a difference if I set everything to the monitor profile. However it embeds my ICC profile into the pictures in CS4 when its set that way. For example CS4 used to be set to SRGB IEC61966-2.1 as the workspace and I can notice sublte difference in the pictures especially in the reds which in certain pictures can look really bad.<br>

Now I do sometime send proofs to my clients via email and I am wondering if I should be embedding my ICC profile into it or just keep it at SRGB which is the standard for most but they will see something different than I do. I also have my proof setup with my labs ICC profile to check my work so I know its going to print the way I see it.<br>

So my questions are :<br>

1) Shoudl I set my workspace input profile in both ACDSEE and CS4 to my calibrated monitor profile? Or is having my profiled monitor set in windows accurate enough?<br>

2) Should I sent my clients proofs via email with my profile embedded or just use the SRGB IEC61966.2.1?<br>

3) I know for the web proofing gallery most of my clients use IE so its ignores ICC profiles so do I have to edit the pictures twice once for my liking under the profile on how they will print and once for the web to use the SRGB IE6?<br>

Now I haven't had any complaints and I just want things to be as accurate as possible for all.</p>

<p>Thanks Lisa</p>

<p>Nope. Your monitor profile is (assuming correctly-written software) handled entirely by the operating system. It should never be embedded in a file or selected as a working space in Photoshop.<br /> Some software will make you specifically select it in a "Monitor Profile" setting. That's the only case in which you should be choosing your profile.</p>

<p>Beyond that, everything should really be in a standard working space: sRGB, Adobe RGB, ProPhoto RGB, or some device-specific variant thereof (e.g., Canon sRGB or Nikon sRGB).</p>

<p>Ok so in ACDSEE I should have the input profile set to sRGB but for my output where it says monitor profile and printer profile I can put in my monitor profile and my labs printer profile? For CS4 I would just leave the workspace at sRGB and as long as my monitor is properly calibrated I should see things close to what they really should be?</p>

<p>I did notice one weird thing in ACDSEE all I have to select from that has sRGB is "sRGB color space profile" but in adobe I don't have that one it defaults to sRGB IE61966-2.1. Are these similiar or should I change both to Adobe RGB 1998?</p>

<p>Lisa</p>

<p>Lisa, you only need to set ACDSee's profile if you're printing from the application, which I never do. I always set everything in PhotoShop and go from there. Personally, I only use ACDSee to browse and catalog images, not to modify or print them. If you use it the same way, the best thing you can do is turn the color management off.</p>