Foreign buyer problems on eBay.

<p>Jacques,<br>

This has nothing to do with thinking one country is better than another. I have tried to sell international twice and if it wasn't for a fairly keen scam radar, I would have been burned both times. For this reason, I will more than likely not sell international again, unless the buyer has a very good rating. I would feel this way regardless of where I lived. I don't think anyone else was trying to insult any other county or imply that only America has honest people. Most, I believe, share the sentiment that it is a shame that a few bad apples spoils it for everyone. The only one being insulting and hostile, is you, but I am sure you will find a way to make that America's fault.</p>

<p>A few interesting twists in this thread. I've learned a lot since I started it.<br>

Here are my tips for hassle-free international trading.<br>

Paypal or bank wire for payments. Shipment to paypal address only, actual value declared and insured.<br>

Global Express Mail with insurance or return receipt requested (RRR), where available. I've found most countries will allow at least one or the other. The mail service itself should provide a delivery confirmation by virtue of the tracking number, but the US Post Office won't guarantee the performance of foreign post offices. If you come up against a country with no tracking, no insurance, no registered mail, no RRR, (Somalia?) then I suggest you not ship to that country. I find Hong Kong and Paris are two very good markets, and they offer all the shipping protections.<br>

A small electronic postage scale will allow you to weigh your own, and then buy postal labels on line. For Global Express Mail, the shipping label is the customs form, too, and it sucks the info off the paypal page, so a lot of blanks are already filled in. (But still need to checked.) With your shipping labels/customs forms printed out, and the package wrapped, the local post office will stick on a clear plastic sleeve, put the labels inside, and accept your shipment. You get a receipt, a tracking number, and your copy of the forms. The tracking number pops up on the buyer's view of the transaction. <br>

I like a shipping box that Staples sells for less than $2. It unfolds to make a box, 6X6X12. That's an excellent size, just big enough to fit a camera or lens, well wrapped in bubble wrap, and just big enough to accommodate the plastic sleeve that hold the labels. All you need is a scale, bubble wrap, packaging tape and a paypal account.</p>