Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #47

jose_angel

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Wonderful work here today. My late offering was shot this afternoon here in the midwest. This is a shot of my bird dog "Cody Boy". He is a fantastic Hungarian Vizsla. Taken in the field with a Nikon F3HP, Nikkor 35mm f2 @ f4 1/250 Kodak Pro BW400CN scanned.</p><div>00V2tH-192241584.thumb.jpg.3aa1940d118e15820a52d129699f7520.jpg</div>

<p>Hi Nikon shooters..<br>

Great pictures this week. I've been absent here for quite some time.. while work and travel had something to do with it, on most weeks I remembered about photo Wednesday only on the subsequent Thursday or later. I almost missed this week's posts too.<br>

Here's one from this week.<br>

Nikon D700, Nikon 20mm f/3.5 AI-(S?), ISO 1600, 1.6 sec, no tripod but tried to balance it with something. applied noise reduction, resize and sharpening.<br>

hope you enjoy it. cheers.</p><div>00V2uq-192259784.jpg.9c5681958d17ea56016259297edd2865.jpg</div>

<p>the entries this week were good. thanks for sharing. the ones that captured my attention more than the others were by:<br>

Issac Sam, Gary McGhee, James Kazan, Aguinaldo de Paula, Phil Evans, Eddy Furlong, Steven van Heerden, Louis Meluso, Richard Armstrong. Esp. Isaac's lighting and the mood is great!<br>

cheers, A.</p>

<p>Another wonderful collection. Here's the highlights for me.<br>

Jens Frederiksen - very 3-dimensional<br /> James Hart - nice feeling of speed<br /> Hamish Gray - my favorite this week, great personality and sense of action<br /> Louis Meluso - nice light tones, good capture<br /> Murali Palangat - striking color<br /> Wayne Wrights - harmonious color and composition<br /> Andy AArdema - dramatic mechanicals, small scale<br /> Phil Evans - dramatic mechanicals, big scale!<br /> James Kazan - compelling architecture look<br /> Steve Hughes - story in a picture<br /> Issac Sam - sense of quietude, madonna archetype<br /> Victor Chelf - nice bridge shot<br /> Justin Weiss - light and color</p>

<p>Thanks to Jonas Fjellstedt and Douglas Mosman for your comments.<br /> <br /> Bogdan Nicolescu - Great depth and funny subject.<br /> Rick Dohme - Amazing looking interior, good lighting.<br /> Ken Yamamoto - Excellent clarity. Amazing piece of mechanics.<br /> Matt Laur - Great focus and color.<br /> Louis Meluso - Wonderful portrait<br /> John DeMarco - Cool dew!<br /> Eddy Furlong - Brilliant lighting.<br /> Tony Hadley - Great feel of this picture. <br /> Dallas McVicker - I can't wait to travel to Switzerland.. Beautiful scene.<br /> Phil Evans - Good composition. <br /> James Kazan - Great composition again.<br /> Janne Kaakinen - Creepy!<br /> Wouter Willemse - Wonderful Sunset<br /> John DiLeo - I love the dog in the doorway picture. Plus the peanuts characters hidden above it at an added bonus. :) Especially with Christmas around the corner!<br /> Steve Vanderford: A noble looking dog.<br /> <br /> Whew! That took a while. Great job everyone.</p>

<p>Lots of very good pic's this week, folks. Have been too busy to take photos this week (I hate to admit it - on the other hand, it is dark when I leave for word, and dark when I return), but I always look forward to this weekly world tour.</p>

<p>This week, <strong>Darren</strong>'s lovely child portrait found a special place in my heart. Keep the photos coming, guys!</p>

<p>Matthew Brennan, Jonas Fjellstedt, Gary McGhee, Peter Heritage, Tiffany Brook and Douglas Mosman: Thank you for your kind commments.<br>

@ Matthew:<br /> About the ice... we had just had a cold period that lasted about a week with temperatures around -10/-12 degrees C. That was enough to give us ice that was thick enough to drive our car on (sometimes we do that too:-)), but on this particular day the temperature had risen to 5 or 6 degrees above zero creating a paper thin layer of water on the surface. This made for fantastic, glassy skating ice. And that is why the reflection is so clear :-)</p>

<br />

<p >Same Dog, Same Day, New Hair Cut. This is Benji (my Mother’s Dog). Due to an extreme heat wave Benji needed a clip but he ended up with a complete makeover. My mother does not recognize him and the fleas are terrified. It just goes to show what a difference a haircut can make.</p>

<p >D200 with Nikon 18-200 mm VR, </p>

<p >1/100 sec @ 200 mm ISO 400 (BEFORE SHOT) and </p>

<p >1/400 sec @ 200 mm ISO 280 (AFTER SHOT)</p><div>00V33i-192349584.jpg.52bf6bad229a20b32a4aacfef1f4c4dd.jpg</div>

<p >From last week</p>

<p >Jose Angel – great start on the fly</p>

<p >Paul B – I like the effect and the colour (works for me)</p>

<p >Elliot Bernstein – great action</p>

<p >Tiffany Brook – really like the way the dress merges from the wall</p>

<p >Aguinaldo de Paula – just love the night stars</p>

<p >Sergio Galicia – zooming out to create that great effect </p>

<p >Hamish Gray – great contemplation and lighting</p>

<p >John Harper – great wide angle capture of the steam tractor</p>

<p >Peter Heritage – nice shot of glider into the sun</p>

<p >Anirban Halder – great night view from your office window</p>

<p >Lil Judd – reminds me of porcelain (Mandarin duck’s beak) plus extra points for uncropped capture</p>

<p >Matt Laur – I like it (many cropping possibilities too)</p>

<p >Tony Mann – the B&W works really well with this street scene</p>

<p >Paul Soohoo – great movement and capture</p>

<p >Rene Villela – nice shot and background (as usual)</p>

<p >Just Weiss – nice shot (what a tongue!)</p>

<p > </p>

<p >And so many other great shots …</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Thanks Tiffany Brook, Aguinaldo de Paula, Paul V. Gorky and Lil Judd for your kind remarks and a special thanks to Tiffany for identifying the “Starlings” (which might be back next week).</p>

<p ></p>

<p >This week (and I am skipping a truck load of great shots)</p>

<p >Jonas Fjellstedt - the calm before the storm</p>

<p >Mark Gordon - great expression, perfect in B&W</p>

<p >Hamish Gray - so that's how you walk on water</p>

<p >Jana Hughes - nice effect</p>

<p >Ilkka Nissila - great colours (and envious of the equipment)</p>

<p ></p>

<p ></p>

<p ></p>

<p><em>NIKON D70, AF Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D</em><br>

<em> 1/160 at f/1.8, -0.3EV</em> <br /> <br /> <em>Spontaneous doorman portrait. I was checking my friends D70 camera he brought recently, and I have spoted this guy having his late night "medication"...and took this shot behind my back :)<br /> </em></p><div>00V34l-192357584.jpg.4d65625f4d52aab0e82262d3ee084229.jpg</div>

<p>Luis, Andy - am glad to find other watchnuts around here. Should have taken it more seriously :-) Will upload some of my other watch photos in my album here when I have time.<br />James, thank you for your kind words.<br />Lil - I feel for you. Losing close familiy member hurts alot, I know. Will never heal but time will help.<br>

<br />Ken from Tokyo (may be too busy to take photos :-( )</p>

<p>Standouts for me this week are:<br>

Hamish- Fun shot and nice reflection.<br>

Matthew- The crispness is absolutely amazing<br>

Mark- The title says it all. What an expression on his face.<br>

Matt- Just can't get away from those furry friends? Nice expression.<br>

Louis- I love that you did this in sepia. Looks like a shot from the 1800's<br>

Cees- I love those clouds.<br>

Andrew- Beautiful shot of the terminal. Love the colors.<br>

Phil- I like the perspective that you have captured.<br>

Aquinaldo- I like the sillouette, but I keep wanting to turn down the yellow around the head.<br>

James- another great architecture shot. Keep them coming.<br>

Ertugrul- Very moody shot and well done<br>

Wouter- I love sunsets and you did a good job w/ this one.<br>

Boris- I'm glad I waited till today to post my responses, because this week your shot is by far my favorite. The framing and shadow are perfect. Well Done.</p>

<p>Have a great week everyone</p>