Windows 7 and Nikon Scan

<p>I went through multiple software failures with Vista, my favorite Photoshop plug in's, some of my favorite expensive software, (Canvas 10 for example, a $400.00 package), would not function. I finally went back to XP Pro. I'm not willing to try 7 until I'm guaranteed my investment is protected. In my humble opinion, Vista has many advantages over XP. I, for one, liked it better than XP. It is faster and more stable, and is more pleasing visually, but I won't go back there or to 7 at the loss of $$ in software that I like. The business where I work is not willing to switch from XP Pro on their servers to another a new operating system without the same guarantees.</p>

<p>Here's a thread to check out if you want Nikonscan to work on a 64 bit Windows7 machine. http://www.photo.net/digital-darkroom-forum/00Ryck<br>

I followed the procedure, including the added lines for CS-5000 support that are mentioned down the page by member Shaun Merrigan. Nikon scan now works perfectly on my 64bit Windows7 machine. What a joy to finally have enough cpu power and memory to work with large 16 bit scans. The machine I'm using is an i7 920 with 9G of DDR3 memory.<br>

My thanks to Steel Chn and Shaun Merrigan for their efforts.</p>

<p>I haven't tried to run Nikon scan on my Win7 x64 install, but it has worked fine on a couple of Vista x64 systems using those directions with my LS4000.</p>

<p>So I expect Win7 at this point to not have a problem, because mostly it's just Vista in disguise.</p>

• 2 years later...
<p>My Nikon scanner CS 5000 ED is working perfect on Windows 7 (professional) after following the instructions from Steel Chn and Shaun Merrigan (including the extra line). Steel and Shaun, thank you very much for sharing this with us!</p>