Questions on the arca swiss monorail system

cole_paquette

<p>Ive seen some differing versions and heard lots of contradicting stuff about the arca swiss monorail, so i would appreciate someone helping clear the water so to speak.<br>

does it have asymmetric tilts/movements like the sinar? some say it does, some say it doesn't<br>

ground glass meter-i read that they had a camera that uses 1mm sensors on/in the glass that could be independantly selected with a special computer unit, which would then set the shutter speed. did this exist or was it only an idea that got thrown around?<br>

arca swiss M-line e-this is apparently some camera that existed, as a large format book i found had all the specs, just not the price. what was this?<br>

does it offer behind the lens shutter for barrel lenses?</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>Cole, I can't answer, but I recommend going to B&H website and download the pdf catalogs, they have one specifically for large format, I have the gigantic printed copy at home, but you can download the pdfs and they are the same thing. Has lots of info on the AS and various lf systems, I believe it's 6-8 years old, but should get you started. I think it's the "professional sourcebook" at the bottom: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/FreeCatalog.jsp</p>

<p>you could also email the guy at precision camera works, he's the expert i believe, i had a question about a-s ballhead he answered</p>