client wants me to make apples into oranges!

theresa_skutt

<p>Hugh & Charles,THANK YOU. <br>

Morey, I will try Picassa, and I guess Lightroom is next. How does one make a profit when there's always something newer, bigger & badder to buy?! =)<br>

We did very little PJ style in her outdoor stuff. We had just met, and she was self-conscious and stiff. I asked her best friend to be in the shoot, too, so I anticipate very relaxed, happy, and comfortable subjects with a great result. Thanks to all of you. I MIGHT submit the results to see if you think I did it or not =0</p>

<p>Howdy!</p>

<p>Investigate Imagenomic Portraiture. It has these effects built in, and you can apply them with a few mouse clicks. I think you will be most happy with it.</p>

<p>In addition to dramatic portrait effects, it has sophisticated algorithms to smooth skin without reducing detail. I use the package to automatically treat every portrait I take.</p>

<p>Later,</p>

<p>Paulsky</p>

<p>What strikes me, as an armature, is that these women are beautiful, slim, and know how to pose. If the customer is trying to fit into a shoe size too small, so to speak, she may never be happy anything you offer her. I'm out of my league here, but perhaps some trial shots for her evaluation are in order.</p>

<p>This thread had a lot of useful info, thanks all.</p>

<p>Theresa...my experience with something like this is kind of what Jon wrote. People who initially say "I LOVE what you do" and then hire me are easy to work with, inspirational during the shoot and delighted with the results. People who hire me and haven't looked at my work thoroughly, can be challenging (not always bad) to the point of exhausting (not very good). While it is good to push yourself in new directions, it is also important to have a "style". That is ultimately what will sell you. Good luck on this shoot. I hope your client gets what she wants without you shedding too much of your creative soul.</p>

<p>Strickland's style is trendy and modern. I like some of it a lot. It has a glow about it. It might be worth giving her style an honest effort, because it looks like a style that would go over like crazy with the trendy middleschool to college aged crowd.<br>

I hope it works out for you.</p>

• 3 months later...