430 ex II baby steps...

connie_sheane

<p>Hey everyone!<br>

I bought a 430 ex II a little bit ago, and have been using it in AV mode, and would now like to learn how to use it in M mode...<br>

If anyone would like to share some tip with me, that would be awesome, cause I feel kinda lost and overwhelmed by it.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Set the camera to M, and adjust the ambient exposure manually to what you want. Set the 430EXII to E-TTL, and fire away. It really is that simple most of the time.</p>

<p>Of course deciding on what manual exposure settings to use is a matter of science, art, and personal opinion. I often set the exposure about two stops underexposed, and let the flash fill it in. This technique works well in most dimly lit interiors, keeps the background from going too dark, and still provides good lighting on nearby subjects. You can generally leave the ambient exposure to one setting for a room unless there are areas that are significantly brighter than others. It's often a lot easier to do this than to use Av and have to keep fiddling with exposure compensation every time the camera sees a bright spot.</p>

<p> </p>