Used M8 or new X1?

durr3

<p>It all depends how you're going to use it. Looks like in its currrent state X1 is not good for street shooting. You can't have zone focusing, it does not have a lens hood, and I'm not sure you can put a UV filter on. The IQ and the autofocus quality and speed are unknown.</p>

<p>I went from an M6ttl to an M8.2. I've also use various Canon dslrs (I have five) the Canon S70, G9, the Leica DLux3. It's not even a contest. The M8.2 is wonderful. Just because the M9 has come out doesn't mean that the M8 is no good anymore. If you like your M6ttl, you'll be right at home with the M8. The 35mm was my favorite lens on the M6 and same with M8 - even with different field of view. Just my 2 cents worth, ofcourse. Good luck with your decision.</p>

<p>If you want a fixed lens digital camera for street, that has a zone focus snapshot mode that really works, a great lens, a good exposure mode, nice color rendition, great b/w, great IQ for it's purpose and fits in a pocket, try the GRD 3 or 2. If you have, lenses, it seems the M8 would make sense in less you don't have the money for it.</p>

If I am not mistaken, the X1 is just a sheep in wolf's clothing. Probably a Panasonic. You can get a really nice Panasonic interchangeable lens small camera now. It just came out. I played with one in a store here in Tokyo, and its definitely the "Bee's Balls." Forget the model number though. It looks a lot like the Olympus Digital Pen, but a much faster nicer camera than the Olympus which is real miss by the looks of it.

<p>The choice doesn't entirely make sense to me. The two cameras are so different. Do you want interchangeable lenses and an optical finder? Or will you sacrifice those for small and pocketable?<br>

I won't go so far as to call the x-1 a p&s, due to it's high quality sensor and lens. But it seems limited to me for the price.</p>