Canon 40D Drivers

kent_hilburn

<p>I bought a Canon 40D in early 08. I can't find the disk that has the drivers on it. I need to be able to download pictures to another computer. I went on the Canon site, but can't remember which one I need. Does Canon even let you download the drivers? Also, which one would it be? Thanks for any help.</p>

<p>I think that what you are looking for is Canon's EOS Utility. This unfortunately isn't available for direct download on their site, but there are workarounds that I've found online. Doing a google search for 'download eos utility' should get you the info you're looking for. If you still can't find it, I'll try and track it down for you.</p>

<p>[[Rob, you will notice that what Canon offers there is only the "Updater,"]]'</p>

<p>I know that, but the original statement was that it wasn't available at all. Sorry, I should have been more clear in my reply.</p>

<p>The registry hack seems to be the easiest solution, at least in my mind.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Another option (assuming this still exists on the 40D as it does on my 20D) is to put the camera in <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picture_Transfer_Protocol" target="_blank">PTP</a> mode. This should require no camera- or vendor-specific software on the computer. I can't advise you beyond there; I use a card reader to transfer images to my computer and have not connected the camera to the computer in years.</p>