Pentax clearance sale at Wolf

shaloot

<p>Trevor,<br>

I see no reason for a wired cable release. Wireless works. But you should be able to score a wireless Jianisi for $5 including shipping if you search. The same device works on Nikon, Canon, and Konica-Minolta cameras too. Buy two or more, they are small and easy to lose.</p>

<p>ME</p>

<p>The wired cable release allows you to lock the shutter open for bulb, and also allows a half-press for AF which you can't do with the IR remote. That said, I find it sometimes tricky to actually get half-press with that remote though it sometimes works for me. Anyway, I like it for tripod work. You can extend the cable with extension cords as well.</p>

<p>Often clearance, going out of business, etc. type sales have increased prices. It works. People get charmed into thinking they are getting a good deal because of the 'clearance'. There was a good piece about this practice on This American Life when Circuit City went under. The first thing the liquidators did in that case was increase prices to near MSRP. And the product flew off of the shelves.<br>

Scott</p>