Help Pricing Diverse Assignments

<p>I've been reading the Forum as regards pricing and there seems to be so much to get one's head around. As a wedding and portrait photographer I've never had any problems setting my fees. However I am now being asked to take more diverse assignments, which I would love to do, but I am struggling terribly to come up with a commercial price list. I'm aware that there are several areas to consider; creative fee, time, and licensing. Firstly, I am in the UK and my research has shown that the more established photographers charge from about £400 to £700 for a half day in respect to 'time'. As a full-time pro of 18 (though successful) months in business, my time rates will be somewhat less than that. However it is the area of the Licensing sum which is leaving me in a state of confusion, and I would add that the clients don't seem to know exactly what the usage will be and are expecting to be guided. However I am reluctant to quote 'inperpetuity' figures. If I can outline three current scenarios I would be incredibly grateful for any suggestions you can offer in terms of how I might begin to calculate and present the usage fees for any of these jobs. I realise the information is sketchy, but it's all I've been able to obtain from the individuals concerned.</p>

<p>Scenario 1: Company Director would like several portraits of just herself for use on her business website, brochure and would like usage rights for trade media (can not tell me likely numbers, print runs, or sizes) which will be medical press/journals. (I estimate two hours on location and around 1 hour post-production).</p>

<p>Scenario 2: Local bespoke kitchen firm would like shots of all staff and one building for company website, there are 14 personnel and 3 Directors. Some shots of factory and workers at their benches also. They need to be able to use Directors' photos in trade press (no idea how often) and may develop glossy tri-fold company brochure within next 2 years and will want usage included for that (could not tell me print run). I feel this will necessitate two days on site with assistant and around 4 hours post production (includes full retouching).</p>

<p>Scenario 3: Classic car owner has found a photograph I recently took at a classic car show and wants full rez copy of one image on DVD for use on his website, printing for framing, inclusion in owner's magazines, and use for advertising when the car is sold onward.</p>

<p>Thank you very much in advance for any consideration you can give on this subject, any help will be appreciated. I want to be as fair as possible to my clients, but the last thing I want to do is unwittingly undersell my services.</p>