Suggestions for amature DSLR

rjpierrard

<p>Pentax K10D offers unlimited 10mp JPEGs @3fps. These are great bodies, go for < $400 in great condition used. I think it is common for field of view to change a bit when focusing. If I recall correctly this is called focus "<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breathing_(lens)">breathing</a> ". I believe it is particularly common for modern internal focus zooms to have some of this; not really a design priority for still shooting. Not only that, some zooms will hold focus better than others as the focal length of the zoom is changed.</p>

<p>Pentax has the 10-17 fisheye zoom as well. I'm not going to guess who designed it but Pentax did have a 17-28 fisheye zoom for film as well.</p>

<p>Can I make a suggestion. Rather than me be a brand champion (although Pentax are, of course, a most excellent brand), have a look at what brands your friends use who are also interested in photography. Sooner or later you'll want to try out and/or borrow & lend lenses and other bits 'n bobs, so if you have the same brand as them it'll mean both you and them will have access to a nice range of stuff that is compatible with both your cameras.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Pentax has the 10-17 fisheye zoom as well. I'm not going to guess who designed it</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Ah, yes, I kinda counted them as one lens as Pentax and Tokina co-develop lenses, like 16-50/2.8, 12-24/4, 50-135/2.8 and that fish.<br>

(Some of the lenses sold under Pentax name are upgraded to more "major brand" status: Pentax DA* 16-50/2.8 SDM --> weather sealing, silent motor and different lens coating.)</p>