<p>I see that the Eizo CG242W was voted best buy at the TIPO awards 2009 but it seems to have been replaced by the CG243W! Anyone know why this was done and what the differences are?<br>

I am thinking of dumping my old Iiyama Vision Master Pro 510 CRT and going the LCD route. The decision has not been easy to make but the new Eizo could be the right monitor to buy. It would seem that Eizo have managed to sort out many of the problems of the LCD when used for photo editing and it will have a much smaller desk size than my CRT.<br>

Is this the way to go? The price is about £1200 in the UK for the CG243W.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>See Patrick Lavoie's post from a couple of days ago. The NEC monitors recommended by Patrick are just as good or better than Eizo's at better prices.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Its been a few years since Eizo sent me a unit for eval but I’d echo Patrick’s recommendation in that I’ve yet to hear any compelling reason why anyone would pay nearly double for an Eizo compared to a similar NEC SpectraView. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>My thanks Andrew. I am hoping to get a NEC 26" Multisync Lcd2690wuxi2. Calibration might be a problem for me but a Spyder3Elite might do it. The NEC monitors seem to be different in the UK in terms of their calibration. Cost will be about £760. NEC do a 26" SpectraView monitor which seems to be almost identical but it costs about £1200!<br /> </p>