Manual camera with focus confirmation

strix33

<p>Classic MANUAL Focus confirmation:</p>

<p>1) Use focus scale: confirmation ? Use tape measure or rangefinder.<br>

2) Focus confirmation: Use magnifying loupe on ground glass</p>

<p>If it has electronics, auto anything, it doesn't belong on this forum. Let's keep this great forum the way it has been, and was intended to be. So take the electronics somewhere else. Thanks.</p>

<p>Since any AF camera won't give you the classic feel that you probably enjoy (me too), it might be worthwhile to try a TLR w/ a brighter screen installed and use the little focusing magnifier that flips up on the top for critical focusing. Or even better, a 4x5 camera like a Crown/Speed Graphic that has a Polaroid MP4 reflex viewer. My viewer just arrived in the mail today and I haven't had a chance to try it on the camera, but w/ the big wide magnifier it looks like it's gonna be a real treat to use.</p>

<p>What a throw back to the 80's with this question. Like others have said already, strickly manual camera with focus assist is pretty short list:<br>

Pentax ME-F<br>

Canon AL-1<br>

Olympus OM-F<br>

Ricoh XR-F (K-mount)<br>

Minolta X-600 (Japanese market only)<br>

These are all becoming collectible with their historic place in photographic history so if you do find one, it won't be cheap but they're all vary fine camera to use.</p>

<p>Forgot to mentioned the Chinon CE-5 (K-mount also) with its own dedicated 35-70mm lens. Olympus OM-F is also know as OM-30 outside the US with ultra rare 35-70mm AF lens. Don't ask how I still remember those info ;-)<br>

Of all manual focus assist, camera's the Canon AL-1 is still easily available and price vary reasonable, others have dissapear into collector's closet. I also agreed that Contax RX or AX will perform best under low light but also cost the most.</p>

<p>I have an OM30, looks to me to be made by Cosina? It gives focus confirmation with led's, and a beep if you want it, a little cheap and cheerful, but a very pleasant and effective camera to use. It doesn't need special lenses, all my OM lenses work with it and they seem to sell quite cheaply....if you can find one.</p>

• 4 weeks later...