Lightroom on a Netbook

<p>Has anyone used Lightroom on one of the small Netbook computers and if so does the little Intel 'Atom 270' chip seem to have enough horsepower to get the job done. I have a trip to Hawaii coming up in the near future and was thinking that if I replaced my laptop with a netbook it would probably fit in my camera bag and even if not it would be easier to tote along than the laptop. I don't do critical editing on the laptop but I do enjoy checking email and posting fresh images to my smugmug account.</p>

<p>HLA</p>

<p>The netbook uses a lot of low end technology (not parts), and the video card is one of those areas that most people find most objectionable. It depends on what you're using it for. I've done some stuff on an Asus, and it's tolerable, but the max memory on an Atom is 2mb. The reason for low end technology is Intel didn't want to cut into higher end notebook sales in order to make netbooks.</p>

<p>That, and the whole idea of netbooks is to be both inexpensive and low power. An AMD chipped notebook in the low end could probably be still had for similar price to most netbooks and beat the pants off them, it would just consume a few TIMES as much electricty doing it, and do it for fewer hours off battery.</p>