Camera bag please.

simon_t1

<p>Based on what you've said<br>

Everything except your son's stuff should fit inside a Lowepro Microtrekker 200 - What I keep in there :</p>

<ul>

<li>Canon 5D Mk II</li>

<li>24-105 </li>

<li>16-35</li>

<li>24-105</li>

<li>580EX</li>

<li>Lens Shades for all lenses</li>

</ul>

<p>To include your son's stuff look at the Lowepro Phototrekker AW II</p>

<p>Best bet though is to find a good camera store with a large selection of bags, take all your camera gear down there and see how things fit. Make sure you load the bag up and try it on. Some of the lenses / cameras get pretty heavy. </p>

<p>I use the 200 for city stuff - it's small, unobtrusive and pretty comfortable for walking around. However, I wouldn't recommend it for a 20 mile hike over medium or rough terrain - it doesn't have a waist belt.</p>

<p>

<p dir="ltr">I can think of several which can fit but I will not state names. To me, bags and tripods belong to a category of their own in a sense that they require very personal fitting and what's good for me may well not be good for you, even if we have the same equipment. Thus I will - personally - never recommend a specific model. For example, I once saw on the web a bag that I really liked. However, when I got to the store and tried it out I found that it wasn't very comfortable. I tried another and - surprise - it was excellent. Thus I suggest you do the same. Go to the store and try them out yourself. Only this way will ensure you will get the one which fits YOU best.</p>

<p dir="ltr"> </p>

<p dir="ltr">Suggesting a brand is a different thing and I (like many) find Lowepro and Tamrac bags to be excellent.</p>

<p dir="ltr"> </p>

<p dir="ltr">Happy shooting,</p>

<p dir="ltr">Yakim.</p>

</p>

<p>There is a bag on ebay under the name Apollo. It is a great backpack and is about $40-45 and worth every penny. I have two and I bought my sister one for her birthday. I use if for a gear bag and a back pack. There is also a Gura Gear Kiboko bag that is bigger but it is super tough and light and is made for safari traveling where weight and durability is an issue, BUT it is $399.00. If you thinking of the Lowepro, get the Apollo, I did go to the store and try them on first, as suggested and that is a good idea for size ideas on what you want. </p>

<p>I've had a LowePro Nature Trekker for about 5 or 6 years. I carry it everyday. It has held up quite well. I had a zipper start to fail in recent months. Contacted Lowepro to see if they would fix it - they said it was normal wear and tear. Fair enough. I'd probably still buy the same bag again. Will fit in overhead on the larger planes. On the smaller ones I always gate check. Only issue I have would be the waist strap - wish it was removable.</p>

<p>Kata 3N1. It comes in 10", 20" and 30". I have the 3N1-30 and love it. I can carry 40d with 70-200L 2.8 IS attached, 17-40, 100 macro, 24-105, 5d body, 580EX, Fong Light Sphere, bracket, assorted filters, cables and accessories. Unfortunately, all that stuff makes it really heavy!</p>

<p>The 3N1 means it can be a regular two strap back pack or 1 or 2 strap sling bag. It also has a good stable handle to pick it up by if you don't want to use it as a back pack.</p>

<p>I prefer non photo backpacks, fit under the category of technical packs or daypack....but why not go to the tripod and bag forum here, this has been discussed many times. There is a bag evaluation site also, if you google you'll find it.</p>

<p>I have had at least six camera bags in the last couple of years and still have not found the "perfect" one! I'm begining to think that all cameras bags are a compromise and that you need more than one!(An evil conspiracy propagated by the camera bag makers!)</p>

<p>I am with you Michael, there is no perfect bag. I have owned or own at least 6 bags and they are all good but for different reasons. For photojournalistic stuff or travel I love my Thinktank Urban disguise 35 most. Well made, I can fit a 70-200 2.8 mounted with quick easy access. The Kata 3 in 1 is also a nice bag that I have used but do not own. ( I do not really care for backpacks but I am considering this one ) . When I just want to carry a camera and maybe another lens ( small set up ) I take an Urban disguise 20 or the kata dc 441. You really have to try some out for yourself, its like trying on cloths. You have to see what fits.</p>

<p>The right bag is an individual thing tailored to the type of shooting you do. For me, I shoot landscapes and do a lot of hiking with my gear. I use the Lowepro Street and Field system to carry my gear. It has worked well for my style of hiking and shooting. BTW, I have the deluxe belt, lens cases for each lens, a couple small utility cases, and a Lowepro Toploader 75AW for my camera with one of the lenses attached. I carry my (far too heavy) tripod over my shoulder while hiking. I carry my camera and tripod together once I get to where I am going.</p>

<p>Simon,</p>

<p>I agree with Yakim--this really is a personal choice.</p>

<p>I wanted one for both around town and day hikes. After more time dithering than I would like to admit, I settled on a Tamrac Adventure 9. It will comfortably carry everything you mention other than the second camera. it has a separate compartment that you can use for non-camera stuff (I like to keep my lunch and deet away from my camera) and separate, external water bottle carriers (same issue), which comfortably hold 750mm bottles. I like it, but like all the others, it has its warts. It is stiff (because the computer sleeve means two foam blocks rather than one), and the straps at the bottom, while in theory nice for a tripod, let the tripod bang against your rear. (Fine for a fleece...). The top compartment is smaller than I would like, but they have another model (the 10) with a larger one.</p>

<p>If you can, you would do well to go to a well stocked store and try a bunch.</p>

<p>Dan</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks everyone for your advice<br>

<strong>Charles Clark</strong> I have the 70AW which is almost the same as the 75AW, sometimes I am tempted to buy lens pouches and attach them to the bag.<br>

I will go to a shop nearby and try out my kit.<br>

Thanks very much to all.</p>