Quick Question... 10-22MM with a full frame sensor?

david israel

<p>I was just wondering what would happen if I took the "EFS Lens" 10-22 MM and put it on a Canon 5D or 7D etc. I currently own this lens and was wondering what would happen if I upgraded my 20D to a 5D or 7D? I know that the EFS leneses or for the 1.6 Crop cameras but I was just wondering?</p>

<p>Thanks,</p>

<p>David</p>

<p>7D is a crop sensor, so it would work just fine.<br>

It shouldnt even attach to a 5d, the ef-s mounting stuff should block it.</p>

<p>You'd have to swap out the mount on the lens (which people have done for the pre-efs crop cameras), and worry about the mirror smashing into the back of the lens.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The EF-S lenses have a smaller image circle than standard EF lenses, and will produce significant vignetting on photographs. But it will produce an image. If you'll do a search, you should be able to find other threads and possibly pictures showing examples of this. JR</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I was just wondering what would happen if I took the "EFS Lens" 10-22 MM and put it on a Canon 5D or 7D etc. </p>

</blockquote>

<p>No matter how hard you press and twist, it won't mount on a 5D. That's a feature and not a defect. It's a safety measure and prevents you from damaging the reflex mirror (the rear element protrudes into the mirror chamber). It will work fine on the 7D as it is designed to accept the EF-S mount.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>you can not put EF-S lens on full frame camera at all. tokina 12-24 is only wide angle lens for crop sensor which could be put on full frame, although 12 to 18 mm focal length would be unusable and work effectively as a 18-24 </p>

<p>you can not put EF-S lens on full frame camera at all. tokina 12-24 is only wide angle lens for crop sensor which could be put on full frame, although 12 to 18 mm focal length would be unusable and work effectively as a 18-24 </p>

<p>Sheesh, musta been a really easy question as everybody jumped on it at the same time. We all need something better to do than hang on this forum on a Saturday nite. Think I'll go downtown and see what mischief I can conjure up...</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter