Ashville NC-Figure Work

picturetaker607

<p>Hello<br>

I May have to move to Ashville, NC from London,England. while I have been here I have enjoyed taking figure lighting workshops and would not like to give up figure work if I move to Ashville. I am concerned that it will be hard to find people to model for me there. Does anyone who lives in the area know of a good source of models in Ashville? I like to use women who are involved in the arts in one way or another, ballet dancers, actors etc.<br>

Many Thanks</p>

<p>I used to live in North Carolina, but I was pretty far from Asheville. There is a fair sized University in Asheville (University of North Carolina at Asheville). It might be possible to contact the art department and see if they have models for their classes. Otherwise it isn't a large city (about 70,000) so I suspect there are limited opportunities to find models. On the flip side it is also an artistic city so perhaps such venues exist in Asheville; sorry don't know. I'll just add it is a very beautiful city.</p>

<p>I hear there are a lot of retirees there, if you like models in their late sixties+. Just kidding. It is supposed to be a pretty interesting area, so I think that if you look for models when you get there you will find them. One place to look is at modelmayhem.com, but if you check around locally first you might get acceptable models for less.</p>

<p>Thanks for your help. I have spent a day in Ashville, which makes it hard to judge. seems more liberal there than most of the South. I will try the universities. I have looked at the modeling sites there are a few portential models. I will aslo try approching dance companies etc. I may be able to find someone who does not "model" but would be interested.<br>

Ashville seems like a nice town for the arts, lots of theather etc.</p>