NX2 Upgrade 2.2.2

bob_hamilton2

I upgraded last week and only got a chance to try it out last night. I find that my photo printing operations have

slowed down drastically.Brought up CS3 and it still functions well printing the same images. I realize that the easiest

think to do is to uninstall NX2 and reinstall, which I plan on doing. I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered

any preoblems after upgrading.

<p>I upgraded to NX2.2.2 about three-four weeks ago on my pc. I have had no issues with printing and I do my printing using NX2. One thing I would do is to check all of your cache settings to see if they are the same as what they were before the upgrade. These settings can affect the performance--speed--of the program.<br>

Joe Smith</p>

<p>Bob...... I upgraded it to 2.2.2 also......<br /> Well, I upgraded my Mac to SL (OS 7.6) first and NX started quitting on me. Then I upgraded NX to 2.2.2 and it stopped working. I un-installed it all, the I installed again.... but I didn't upgrade to 2.2.2 anymore. Now it works just like before. It is not quitting either.</p>

<p>Just a bit different story....</p>

<p>Upgraded to 10.6 yesterday, NX2 is said not to work with this OS yet... In the meantime I'll have to just use NX2 under Windows XP until Nikon puts out a fix. In a somewhat related note, Nikon Scan 4.02 is twice as fast on Windows as it is on Mac OSX as Nikon never updated the code to be Intel compliant, therefore it runs through Rosetta (emulation software).</p>

<p>Sometimes NX2 does not clean up the cache after quitting the program (Windows XP), and accumulating files eventually slow it down. As to me I manually delete all thumbnails (Capture NX/ThumbnailCache/) and possible other garbage (Capture NX/Cache/). Look for these directories on your harddisk and check whether they are full.</p>

<p>Look at this link for info on cache settings for capture NX 2 :<br>

<a href="http://books.google.com/books?id=iCNbl3oP-esC&pg=PT95&lpg=PT95&dq=nikon+capture+nx+2+cache+settings&source=bl&ots=Lq00m3SA6m&sig=PQSuNu5EmaYAwSyhTYZoajMRZlQ&hl=en&ei=h9WfSvSQJ6OEngfvvIzuDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2#v=onepage&q=nikon%20capture%20nx%202%20cache%20settings&f=false">http://books.google.com/books?id=iCNbl3oP-esC&pg=PT95&lpg=PT95&dq=nikon+capture+nx+2+cache+settings&source=bl&ots=Lq00m3SA6m&sig=PQSuNu5EmaYAwSyhTYZoajMRZlQ&hl=en&ei=h9WfSvSQJ6OEngfvvIzuDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2#v=onepage&q=nikon%20capture%20nx%202%20cache%20settings&f=false</a><br>

Your settings are going to be dependent on your pc's hardware (hard drives) and other variables. I use View NX as my browser and do not use the browser function of NX. You set the cache settings by going to Edit, Preferences. In general you want a large amount of fast hard drive space available for processing your NX images. Ideally this means a dedicated second internal hard drive or a dedicated external hard drive with plenty of open space for the processing of the images. And you have to tell NX all of this through your cache settings. If you do not, you are stuck with the default settings. <br>

Since I use View NX as my browser, I have to set its cache settings too for optimal speed of both programs.<br>

Joe Smith</p>