Nikon F2 25th Anniversary. Production years?

WAn

<p>Hello everybody!<br /><br />As far as I know the years of production of the regular F2 are 70-80.<br>

Adding 25, I suppose the F2A 25th Anniversary edition were produced somewhere in 1995-2005.<br>

Is it correct?<br />Has anyone more detailed information?<br>

Thanks!<br />Andrey</p>

<p>Thanks Joseph,<br />I'm aware of that site. But I didn't find there any information about production years.<br />I'm not a collector and my only concern is to get an F2 with maximum resource. My own is dying...<br />Appreciate any information!</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>"I suppose the F2A 25th Anniversary edition were produced somewhere in 1995-2005.<br /> Is it correct?"</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>No. The 25th Anniversary model of the F2A was not produced to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the F2, but rather the 25th anniversary of what is now "Nikon USA". It would have been produced during the same period as the F2A, circa 1977-80. It is identical to the F2A, with the exception of the top and bottom plates.<br /> <em>(Info from Braczko's "The Complete Nikon System")</em></p>

<p>As I understand it, the whole "25th Anniversary" thing was completely the work of the US importer, Ehrenreich Photo-Optical, in NY, and was not endorsed by Nikon. The "25th Anniversary" was to mark Nikon USA's first 25 years in business, not the introduction of the F2 - the 25th Anniversary models were just late examples of the original production run, which went from 7,100,000 to the low 8,000,000's. Cheaper to simply look for a late production example than to pay a premium for a sticker added by the importer.</p>

<p>hey, how about overly pessimistic? :) these tanks don't die that easily and even when they do get a ding here or there, they tend to recover quickly and easily in the hands of a good repairman. are you sure your camera is not worth fixing?<br /><br />best of luck either way! fingers crossed...</p>

<p>If you need your F2 serviced or repaired, google Sover Wong. He's in England but ships back and forth internationally. I own four F2 bodies and had him bring one of mine completely back to factory specs a couple of years ago. (Haven't sent him the others because I'm shooting virtually all digital now.) He has the tools and parts and thinks the F2 was the best SLR ever made so he specializes in it. I think I spent around $200 or $300 U.S. but he can give you a quote.</p>