Help Josh out please......Featured Member for Sept

<p>Howdy folks,</p>

<p>I got myself into a bit of a bind. We had a hell of a week with a scare regarding my wife's pregnancy (all is well, she and baby fine) and I got really behind. the newsletter goes out early next week and I don't have a <a href="../featured-member/">Photo.net Featured Member</a> for September. So here's your chance to nominate one. Featured members get attention in the newsletter and get placed on the front page for a month. Both pretty decent ways of getting some attention to their photography.</p>

<p>Requirements:</p>

<p>1. The featured member has to have some sort of a theme that I can interview the person with. Sports photography, street photography, macro photography, computer manipulation, rangefinder photography, palladium printing etc. So whoever you pick has to have some way to tie their photography (or an area of their photography) together.</p>

<p>2. I prefer the featured member to be someone who is active on the site. It's not a 100% requirement, but I like to reward our active helpful members if the chance arrises.</p>

<p>3. The person has to be able/willing to work with me over the weekend to get the questions answered.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Kent Staubus definitely works in a theme, and participates in several forums here - but you might have to talk him into posting some work, here (come on, Kent, let's see some nocturnal tains!). Perhaps Anders Hingel? Some good travel stuff there. Also consider Andreas Manessinger - great street, environment, and landscape stuff from the middle o' Europe.</p>

<p>Ditto <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=614297">Gene M</a> . His whimsical fictional narratives to accompany orphaned film he's found and developed are a hoot. But all of his photos are on <a href="http://www.westfordcomp.com/holga/index.html">his website</a> , not photo.net, so I'm not sure it'd work unless he could put together something on his photo.net portfolio space. Probably wouldn't be ready in time for the September feature, so maybe keep him in mind for a future featured member slot.</p>

<p>Lots of good suggestions here.</p>

<p>There are various issues with some of these ideas that might disqualify them. I probably should have mentioned that, due to the "we send it to you" rather than the "you clicked on it" nature of the newsletter, nude images (and photographers) are touchy for this feature. Likewise, Gene's "found film" may present some copyright issues that I would have to look into. That doesn't mean that guys like that are out of luck, just that I'm going to have to look into it a bit more. Finally, a few of the suggestions have already been featured members. So it's not really fair to repeat them.</p>

<p>Again, thanks for the suggestions so far. Keep them coming. I've got many months ahead of this sort of thing.</p>