Neoprene Case For M2

andrew_viny

<p>I've not tried them on my Leicas but I used to have neoprene covers for my Nikon F4s. The good news is that rain certainly doesn't get past them, they're very light and you can stuff them in a large pocket when not required. The bad news is that they're not even as fast as a traditional ERC in use, what with having to peel them off the camera before you can take a picture.</p>

<p>I'd certainly consider them for long hikes to a location but not as protection when actually photographing.</p>

<p>The type I had consisted of a camera shaped sack that pulls on over the lens, then the body and finally loops over itself onto the lens again, to lock the bag shut. Simple to understand when you see it but a bit difficult to describe. <em>Nothing</em> like an ERC.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I can't seem to find the link to email you. But can anyone tell me how this thing works? Is it just an ever ready case in neoprene?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yes, except it does not stay attached to the camera when you are using the camera.</p>

Robin Smith

<p>I have the one leica makes for m's Andrew, its pretty good, does what it says on the box-they come in two sizes depending on whether you have a short or long lens attached. The zing one is pretty good too, and its cheaper, and it comes in different colors. They're handy when you're carrying a camera and one lens.</p>

<p>Optech makes two sizes that fit the M body perfectly (short and long lens). I use them mostly for cushioning when the camera is in a bag, but I am using a similar case on my LX-3 as its full-time case. They work very well, but cases are very specific to your needs and preferences.</p>