Photoshop Elements 7 Activation, Raw, and Upgrades

<p>Three quick questions about Photoshop Elements 7 for those who know!<br>

1. I just got a copy, but don't know if it activates like full PS4 and then allows only 2 installs?<br>

<br />2. Does Elements 7 process RAW files directly, e.g. like Bridge and ACR in PS2?<br>

<br />3. I keep hearing about an upgrade offer August and September from Adobe, to move from Elements 7 to CS4 at a discount. True or not? Automatic or not? How?<br>

<br />Thanks. I keep trying to get my wife (and her computers) doing photo editing, but in my arena I just do CS4 and skip the Elements part, so don't know much about it...</p>

<p> </p>

<p >Mac:</p>

<p >You can load PE7 as many time as you want. I've used the same software on four computers I own.</p>

<p >PE 7 has a scaled down version on camera raw, but I does just about everything that it needs too.</p>

<p >I haven’t seen the offer you speak off.<br>

PE7 is really easier to learn than CS4 and has most of teh feature any amateur photographer needs. <br>

Tom</p>

<p>I'm in the UK and recently got this email from Adobe for a half-price full version of CS4:</p>

<blockquote>

<p><a href="http://mail.adobe-direct.com/r?xlTnlnvEJvvqlEJHJWqPWW&targetgroup1=AFCAC6C9" target="_blank"> Step up to Photoshop CS4 today</a> and go from ordinary to extraordinary! Don’t delay – this offer ends 15 September, 2009.</p>

<p>To order by phone, call 0800 0280 148 and mention Offer Code 14BA. Have your Adobe Photoshop Elements serial number ready for verification.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Thanks for the help. I called Adobe today, and the easier way will be to use a Wacom offer for the same price, because I also recently bought a Bamboo Fun. Adobe licensing is always a tortuous process.<br>

<br />I do think the Elements interface is much improved, it at least LOOKS like a decent subset of CS4 now, but there are many items I consider basic missing (some of which can be "unveiled" in Elements Plus). But it does seem to do a lot for the money.</p>