Monterey-Santa Cruz labs for color/BW processing and printing

<p>I am relocating soon and wondering where to take Velvia Quickloads for processing and where to get stuff printed. I am interested in BW fiber prints in addition to the color. I saw a link to Calypso in Santa Cruz on a 2006 posting here. I'll check them out. Any other ideas?</p>

<p>Calypso has been around for a long time. For years, they had a place in Silicon Valley, too, but they closed that place and are solely in Santa Cruz now. I have heard mixed reviews. For a long time, they were simply the best, and some still consider that to be the case. But a friend of mine went to them earlier this year to have some black & white negatives printed digitally in a large size (20" on smallest side). Some of her negs were 35mm and others were medium format. Apparently there were communication problems, edges were cropped instead of image being printed full-frame, and the quality was not what she wanted. The lab did, however, agree to make good on all issues at no cost to her, so that part was well-handled. I'd check them out on Yelp.com to read more reviews. <br>

Another lab to consider is Bay Photo: http://bayphoto.com/bayweb/pro_opticalservices.htm<br>

I used them for printing my digital prints for a bat mitzvah client recently, and they were great. Prices were fair and quality was excellent. They were recommended to me by a guy who has been running a full-time pro business for over 20 years. I have not used them for film, but they do film, even 8x10 negs, in c-41, e-6 and B&W. Prices are decent too.</p>