Amusing Wired article

gt1

<p>I had to laugh at the irony of the photo of the poster in the HDR rant. The word "cancer" was fitting.</p>

<p>Also, the "arm's length self portrait" example they gave is far from the worst. The overhead variants appear to have infected millions of sufferers (aka the Myspace/Facebook internet disease pose). In terminal stages, usually affecting teenaged girls, the poses include faces distorted into permanently puckered lips, often with tongues and eyes bugged out like frogs catching mosquitoes, occasionally accompanied by fingers splayed into contortions that appear to be desperate efforts to communicate some form of sign language that can only be translated as "Please take my computer and camera away."</p>

<p>Funniest line in my opinion - "We are tired, oh so tired, of checking out your nostril hair."</p>

<p>Most apropos line - "The real question is: Can you make a picture with it? We hope so. And we care. We care about pictures."</p>

<p>Thanks for the link to that - it was a hoot...</p>

<p>- Randy</p>

<p>Do the world a favor... take nice portraits of your friends and make sure they get copies. I'm delighted at how many of my photos are now my friends' icons on Facebook and such. Besides being a point of pride for me, they look a lot better than "Self portrait with cell phone".</p>

<p>I received an amusing complement on Saturday. One of my friends I took a portrait of for my last project told me that within 2 hours of using it as his Facebook image he received messages from 4 women he hadn't heard from in awhile. I told him it wasn't my capture that did it but the 3 piece suit he wore, the rest of my friends had worn their usual shorts and t-shirts and such.</p>