Quick fix for light shadows on faces in Lightroom?

<p>I'd like to retouch the attached photo as much as possible to remove the darkest shadows on the wedding partys' faces in Lightroom. This is one of those many instances where I'm paying the price for not getting the shot right in camera. My strobes were placed a little far apart so that the light hit the group a too steep of an angle, casting shadows on anybody in the second row. There seems to be plenty of detail in the faces, but all of my efforts at retouching have resulted in a sort of lobster red glow where the shadow used to be. Any tips would be much appreciated.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p><div>00UGI4-166491584.thumb.jpg.ef79c9298c8e84b5754091d761d7d15f.jpg</div>

>>> Quick fix for light shadows on faces in Lightroom?.

Adjustment brush and move the Exposure slider to the right to taste - I do that all the time. Should take less than 10 seconds - hows that for quick? Howard, there are no layers in

Lightroom.

www.citysnaps.net

<p>I tried the adjustments brush and it got rid of the shadow okay but that's where the faces turned red on me. Maybe I'm just overdoing it. But it's good to know I'm heading down the right path. Would the photoshop approach work better? I may just end up ditching the affected photos altogether since the composition is a little screwey with that tall guy in the back and I have other photos that cover the groups but I thought if I could fix it without spending hours and hours then I'd throw it and its companions up on the event site. </p>