Konica Autoreflex T...A Few Shots and Impressions

<p>The only thing I would add is to continue after the fact to strengthen the design by burning down the background and adding a bit of contrast and color to the fence to push the flowers and fence forward. This adds subtle emphasis to the key design elements and creates a greater feeling of depth. Which version is better? Its a toss up, but that would be my thinking on completing this excellent, well seen image.</p><div>00UFyE-166401784.jpg.2ab8d2b2e743f8eea7938e677c686ed9.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks for the excellent feedback, Louis. I actually do like the second version with more contrast and a toned-down background, and how the bright flowers jump out. I would have liked shooting this scene with a larger aperture while mounted on a tripod for an even more blurred background, but in order to even get this shot I was standing in bushes where the bees were hard at work and much too close for my comfort, just inches away. I don't know that a more blurred background would have given as much of a sense of depth though, so your suggestion of adding contrast and color to emphasize the key design elements would yield the most dynamic results.</p>

<p>The Konica T series are gorgeous and sturdy . . . I still have several! Interesting point, they have an extremely well designed film chamber and were the first (?) to mass produce the copal vertical shutter in the 35mm SLR. They were relatively rugged. The bayonet mount is easily adaptable to many other lens brands, but adapters are getting hard to find. The Hexanon 50mm was a stellar performer!</p>

<p>Andy- your results have inspired me to take some pics with some of my Hexanons. Currently I'm taking a few with my 50mm f1.4, but the 40mm f1.8 and 28mm f3.5 will also get some "exercise." The only Konica body I have is a TC-X. I'm hoping to eventually pick up a "real" Konica. My first choice is the T3N.</p>

<p>Good to see Konica gear here. The T series are bulkier than what I like to carry around, but I can see they do look nice & sturdy! My first camera is a small plastic Konica TC-X purchsed new many years ago. Despite being cheap & plastic, it's still going strong. I have the 28/3.5, 40/1.8, and 50/1.7 Hexanon lens. All pretty good performers.<br>

Do you find T's viewfinder kind of dark? I've read about the later Konica got brigher VF. My recent addition are Konica FC-1 and FT-1. These are slightly more modern but equally reliable Konica SLR.</p>