Photoshop Student Edition vs Full

michael_hudson5

<p>Note: You can not upgrade from or between student versions.</p>

<p>That said, a student license is usually about the same cost as a single regular upgrade, so you haven't lost much even if you need to buy a full version next time.</p>

<p>Also, I have heard of some people contacting Adobe directly and being given permission individually to upgrade between student versions.</p>

<p>Find some authorized dealers and check with them about what they require. I think some will require you to send a copy of your ID and a few other things. What you get back is the regular software, not a reduced version. This is available to teachers as well.</p>

<p>I did well with buying some programs on an academic license while I was in college. Back then, we could get them through the university bookstore. It's a good way to build up proficiency with applications that are expected in the workplace. If you use them for your school projects and to build your skills, they will usually do you well.</p>

<p>A few months ago I actually called Adobe to ask them this very question. There are no differences in the programs whatsoever. There is a small difference in the license, which is that the student version cannot be used for commercial work. You ARE free, however, to use it to produce and sell your own artwork. (Note that "commercial" has a more specific meaning than what most people think; merely creating a work to be sold for profit does not make that work "commercial").</p>

<p>From the same page:</p>

<blockquote>

<h4>Can a Student Edition also be used for commercial purposes?</h4>

<p>In North America, Student Edition software can be used for commercial purposes. Outside North America, Student Edition software is for noncommercial purposes only.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I got CS4 Extended student edition fro $199.00 from student bookstore. Same price for Lightroom2<br>

You do have to prove your enrolled. i was part time student last year. I could not get the deal until I signed up for 1 class. I took a photo class online through my college about Travel Photography. All kinds of good deals for students out there. Pc, mac, printers, all kinds of software etc...</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I am doing work with Adobe on these products, and can confirm that Phil B is correct in regards to commercial use. Adobe has a new Student Editions section of their site with an updated FAQ and lots of additonal information at:<br>

<a href="http://studenteditions.adobe.com/#/learnMore/faq">http://studenteditions.adobe.com/#/learnMore/faq</a><br>

To add to this, there are no use restrictions to using Student Editions Creative Suite 4 either commercially (in North America) or post graduation. <br>

Additionally, if you purchased this, you are eligible to upgrade to commercial versions, at the standard upgrade price, when the next versions are released.</p>