Getting periodically logged out

mendel_leisk

<p>Maybe once every 3~4 days I find I'm logged out at Photo.net. Sometimes at the start of visit I'm logged in, and then get logged out when going into a thread. Other times I'm logged out from the start. I've ticked "keep me logged in" and have not deleted any cookies. Other sites where I normally log in have maintained my logged-in status.</p>

<p>Mendel--</p>

<p>I've had that happen to me. I believe it could be a cache issue with your browser. I can be lazy about emptying my browser's cash and I think that affects the situation you're talking about. I recommend two things. Turn your computer off completely now and then (I don't know your habits, but I know many people leave them running and, at least with a Mac its' necessary to reboot periodically to refresh RAM memory), and go to your browser's preferences panel and empty the cache. It may help.</p>

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

<p>I've been hearing reports of the same "getting logged out" problem recently, but have been unable to duplicate it, and until I can somehow get more insight into what's going on, it will be difficult to address. What browser are you using? When you log in, do you click on the "keep me logged in" checkbox?</p>

<p>I tick "keep me logged in" when logging in. I'm using IE8 with a WinXP system, and shut down (not hibernate) daily. 99% I <em>do</em> stay logged in. It's odd when it happens: go into a thread and I'm logged out, back up and I'm logged in, again. Go to Unified View afresh (by either clicking on the Pulldown or via a bookmark), and I'm still logged out.</p>

<p>I use CCleaner periodically, to clear caches, cookies etc. It is set to retain the Photo.net cookie, and it does as instructed. Could be a build-up of cache issue, dunno: I don't run CCleaner very often, maybe altenate weeks.</p>