OOPS - Deleted photos after in-camera edit - Can they be retrieved ?

jainamishra

<p>Hi<br>

I created smaller versions of some photos and deleted the originals. ( thot i was being smart n efficient). Later I realise that the small version is really too small - and am kicking myself for deleting the original.<br>

Can someone save the damsel in distress please ?</p>

<p>thanks<br>

jm</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Jaina, there are quite a few utilities out there that can recover deleted files from a flash card. A google search for Flash Drive Undelete will bring up all sorts of tools that are made for doing this. There are many freeware programs, as well as quite a few commercial ones that will do a great job of recovering your files.</p>

<p>I had one at home I've used in the past, but for the life of me, I can't find the name of it. I used it to recover about 4,000 images of an external harddrive that were accidentally deleted by one of my kids. If I can find the name I'll post it here.<br>

<br /> First piece of advice though, take the card out and do not use it until you recover the files. If you use it, the files may be overwritten and they cannot be recovered.</p>

<p>Just found a program called UndeletePlus that has a free trial you can give a shot with. It looks similar to the one I used, but it's not it (mine was older and may not even be available anymore). Undeleteplus.com is the website.</p>