Homemade Folios

<p>Just recently I made my own folios similar to those seen in <a href="http://www.lenswork.com/">LensWork Magazine</a>. I had wanted to take part in the online seminar offered by Brooks Jensen, but was unable to. Using the computer I created a template in parts, printed it out, and then taped the pieces together. I purchased paper from a local art store, taped the template to it, traced around, and then cut the folio out. Although it lacks an opening and embossing, I'm still proud of my little creation. It's a great way to store prints and then give them away as a set. You can probably guess what some close friends will be getting for Christmas this year. Please feel free to email me for the templates. It is, however, for traditional 8 x 10 prints. I'm sure that the template could be changed for other size paper. I can give other details as well, but it's not that hard to figure out. Also, I'm curious if anyone else has given this a try. That is, made their own folios. Thanks!</p><div>00U5lL-160323684.jpg.eeca32dba56ab60f9a79a6dc2f41f9c9.jpg</div>

<p>I could not find folios available locally, so ended making my own as well. Not nearly as nice as yours, but functional. When I was a kid they were one of the mandatory school supplies, if I'm not mistaken. At least they're a fairly easy item to make, and very handy.</p>

<p>Bruce,<br>

A friend of mine(Jim B) who is active on the large format photography forum put together a run of about 2000 8x10 and 11x14 folios, and is contemplating additional sizes. He was selling them at cost to members and I believe sold out. I have attached a couple of images of finished folios. Brooks Jensen was very helpful and supportive of Jim's efforts.<br>

Randy</p><div>00U5pV-160355584.jpg.3c00f70fd4f965d8fa1648cc4d5d98b3.jpg</div>

<p>Randy and others. This was the only reference that I could come across as well regarding the folios. The price did sound good. I'm curious about some of the personal embossing with which the folios have on their covers. I was surprised that I couldn't find a thing on the internet. I have started to explore bookmaking/bookbinding as well. I might put together some of my own photos in a book instead of uploading them to a site and having one made for me. A lot of work, but certainly a personal touch.</p>

<p>Holy Cow<br>

This is wonderful.<br>

I love Brooks, I listen to LensWork podcasts in my car all the time. He is truly an amazing speaker and is very much in line with my train of thought.<br>

I'd very much like to see this template please if you would not mind.<br>

Thank you for your offer.<br>

Tom</p>

Those look great!

In the past I've made my own photo-presentation "folios" out of wood and also tin containers. But unfortunately the hassle

factor is huge, and I've been considering my own die-cut folios.

www.citysnaps.net

<p>Tom, send me an email and I will reply with attachments. I print the templates out on 8.5 x 14" paper so that everything will fit. Below is my first one with a little bit of a different design. It doesn't have all the rounded corners. If anyone has a source for these other than what has been mentioned, please post the link! I've looked around, but can only find what I consider to be the traditional portfolios. </p><div>00U6eS-160927584.jpg.ec78a37b919bbd292a9cff1af3fc314b.jpg</div>