PENTAX is planning a K-7 tour through several U.S. cities

yvon_bourque1

<p>Pentax has a Facebook site that you can join or read about news.<br>

<a href="http://www.facebook.com/Pentax">http://www.facebook.com/Pentax</a></p>

PENTAX is planning a K-7 tour through several U.S. cities. They will show up in the towns below with the K-7 and some of our favorite lenses to try out. The best part is they will hold a drawing for a K-7 at every gathering! They would love to involve all PENTAXIANs with a little help on location (and permit!) advice, etc. Is there a great gathering spot in a park or do you know a restaurant or hotel with some space we could use?<br /><br />Please make sure you post your city in the subject line of the reply. Sorry, we can't add any cities at this point.<br /><br />Here is our tentative schedule:<br />July 29th evening – Minneapolis area<br />August 4th Denver/Golden, CO area<br />August 6th afternoon/evening – Orange County (CA) area<br />August 7th afternoon/evening – Orange County (CA) area<br />August 8th afternoon/evening – San Jose, CA<br />August 9th am or mid-day – San Francisco, CA<br />August 11th am or mid-day – Seattle, WA<br />August 12th mid-day – Portland, OR<br />August 14th - 2 gatherings at anytime - NYC<br />August 15th – 2 gatherings at anytime- NYC<br />August 16th – late afternoon or evening – Miami, FL<br />August 17th – evening – Orlando, FL<br />August 18th – morning or mid-day - Orlando

<p>Tell your friends, and your friend's friends.<br>

I will for sure go to one in Orange County. Maybe I can finally meet some of you guys.</p>

<p>Well, they do list Minneapolis. Goody for me. They say they want help finding gathering spots. Why, because they've upset their retailers and now they can't set foot in the stores?</p>

<p>Maybe I'll look into it, get a free pen or something silly, if they have give-aways.</p>

<p>This is lame...I was at samys buying film in there yesterday and I was in there with my K-7 and as some of you know, SAMYS was one of the few brick and mortar stores who carried Pentax in ''LOS ANGELES'' until ''PENTAX'' decided to fire all the reps and now they are doing a lame pentax tour???After the K-7 is out...This is funny...</p>

<p>As the conversation went. they really liked the K-7 in there and Pentax in general, but all said good riddance in that they (pentax) was hard to work with...</p>

<p>I would love it if Pentax would stop in with a bunch of fresh cameras and lenses for Citizen Photo in Portland. They had the K20D when it came out, but so far no K7D on the shelf... Lots of serious photographers get the developing and printing done at Citizens and they carry lots of good used Pentax film gear.</p>

<p>I'm shocked they're coming to Denver. No one comes to Denver. Rock bands don't like coming to Denver... But really I think it's cause the air is so thin they can't breathe...</p>

<p>I might try to go. I mean, a chance for something free that's worth something is worth a shot, but not knowing what time it will be makes it more difficult to schedule... Having my first Digital SLR being a K-7 would be something to brag about for a about a month...</p>

<p>Of Course Pentax will be near Denver. They are headquartered in Golden or they used to be? After work, driving thru Denver rush hour and burning 18 gallons of gas rountrip for me? I don't think so. I miss when local camera shops actually inventoried new Pentax gear to consider. I did my loop this morning, nobody has K-7 "nor will they carry it". Its Interesting how all the local dealers already know of the hush~hush sensor defect in K-7 : "vertical green line syndrome".</p>

<p>Anyways, I've seen dozens of great rock acts in Denver & Red Rocks since 1978. Its insane how many bands I saw for under $12 a pop, really under $8. My $12.00 admission tickets started with Rolling Stones 1981 Tour in Boulder. Keeping all my ticket stubs makes for a wonderful time machine. Recently we saw Linkin Park, again last summer, this time with Chris Cornell also. Never had a chance to see Soundgarden & Chris embraced his Soundgarden days. Saw Roger Waters perform the last leg of his 3 year long Dark Side of the Moon tour at Pepsi center. Authentic from start to finish, Dark Side of The Moon some 24 years after Pink Floyd toured the same show in... Denver. I was too young to see it in 1974. Bands skipping Denver? Pentaxian~Please! More people come to Colorful Colorado than I care to drop a $100 plus a ticket on.</p>

<p>4 gatherings in Ney York City...and zero in Boston?</p>

<p>Maybe they'll come over for the K-6 tour :-) (And no, I'm not going to spend 6 hours on a bus on Sat. 15th just to fondle a K-7. Sorry.)</p>

<p>I still think it's a good idea (although in Japan this was done on launch day), just unhappy they're not coming to a store near me.</p>

<p>Ugh, 34 years past since Pink Floyd played their Dark Side of the Moon Tour in Denver before Roger came back to Denver to tour Dark Side of the Moon with most all the musicans PinkFloyd used on tour's past & it was not "24" years ago. Incredible show, right in the Heart of Denver. Infact it was the third time I've seen him in Denver since he left "Pink Floyd" boys right after The Wall Tour & Final Cut album.</p>

<p>I feel old now ;^(</p>

<p>I say if you want to touch a K-7 go to Golden Event. I'm a big guy & tiny cameras don't appeal to me at all. If I liked everything I've read about K-7 I'd burn off $40 in petrol & cook off 4+ hours drive time for a hands on. Maybe K30D will be based on a normal sized dslr platform like K10D and K20D are? We are due for another Pentax dslr launch in 2009 right?</p>

<p>Lindy, the only "large" show that I went to was Metallica in '96. (and maybe Incubus in 2002, I totally forgot about them) Other than that, I've been to a ton of indie shows. I think that a lot of the indie bands don't get in as often as the larger bands do... Not quite sure why that is, I just figured that they can't breathe! Last time I saw Darkest Hour(...um... 2004?) they were actually on stage at the Ogden wheezing! jk... Several other bands at Tulagi's used to complain about breathing too, but it was before smoking was banned...<br>

But in all seriousness, Golden isn't that far for me, maybe 25 minutes. I'll just have to get the work schedule figured out.</p>

<p>What's with the naming scheme anyway? How does the K-7 fit with K100, K10, K200, K20?</p>

<p>I was at RedRocks when Incubus shot the 2004 Concert DVD. Same with U2, I was at the RedRocks when they filmed Live under a blood red sky movie & then the next night in Boulder another show was tossed in due to rain the night before... FOR FREE. My buddies Mom saw the beatles at RedRocks in 1964 or 65. I'll have to ask again. I've got no clue about Indie Bands. I'll look into them. Thin air? The dread locked rasta bands spend a few days at RedRocks annually. Hmmm, Maybe they smoke something to help with the thin air?</p>

<p>I saw Linkin Park at Invesco Field when they warmed up Metallica. I had no clue about LP before hand. Seen them a couple times since.</p>

<p>You should go to Golden. Back a few years ago Pentax would have an annual side walk sale. Insane good deals on demos, and museum type stuff for sale like the 2000mm mirror. Back when you could walk in and drop off gear for repairs or maintence. I don't think Pentax grants any public access to the headquarters thesedays so the event is likely the only time you'll have this opportunity.</p>