Image Quality on TV via HDMI

michaelphelan

<p>Very high quality when played back on a HDMI compatible television such as the Panasonic Viera brand. I do it all the time prior to downloading onto the PC, it gives family and friends a good show of the day's work.<br>

You could try E-bay for a lead and do note it is a HDMI Type C mini lead connector for the D700 and I assume other Nikon DSLR's.</p>

<p>Very high quality when played back on a HDMI compatible television such as the Panasonic Viera brand. I do it all the time prior to downloading onto the PC, it gives family and friends a good show of the day's work.<br>

You could try E-bay for a lead and do note it is a HDMI Type C mini lead connector for the D700 and I assume other Nikon DSLR's.</p>

<p>Very good when played back on a HDMI TV such as the Panasonic Viera range.<br>

I normally play back the day's work to impress family and friends before I hit the PC.<br>

Remember to buy a HDMI type C mini lead, for the D700 and I assume other Nikon DSLRs.</p>

<p>I went about this another way due to the fact that I was a little concerned about hooking my $2,000.00 camera to my $1,900.00 HDTV...and with my lack of technical elegance blowing up both ! I bought a Panasonic with SD card access and run my photos as my own version of wall art and the quality is outstanding.<br>

John</p>

<p>HDTV's can't display the full resolution of DSLR images: at 1920x1080 pixels their resolution isn't high enough to come close to say, a D700's 4256 x 2832 pixels or the D40's 3008 x 2000. Sure, the HDMI display option is nice for the large size of the image but the screen resolution is going to make the DSLR images look blurrier than the actually are.</p>

<p>Brooks what you say is correct but photos look pretty darned good on a 46" HDTV at 1080i (which is what the D90 provides) when viewed from a reasonable distance.<br>

Back in my working days our company did a study to determine how many pixles were enough when the whole image was viewed from the optimum distance. The answer came out to be 1-2 megapixles. That answer sounds low but the fact is that resolution is more important for zooming in or printing large format prints than it is for veiwing a slide show on a HDTV. So unless someone is going to get 6" from the screen then 1080i is going to look fabulous.</p>