D300 don't hesitate!

mvtol

<p>This week I got my new D300! Comming from D80 (not a bad camera, which I"ll still be using on city trips etc.) it's quite a tool! My sigma 50-150 2.8 fits realy well on it and I love this combination (why doesn't Nikon make one, or 40-150 2.8!) and it's REALY sharp. I didn't want to wait on a D300s/D400 for it would be too expensive and I don't want video (I don't like to pay for things I don't want). But so far there isn't much left to desire!<br>

regards, Martijn</p>

<p>hey thanks for sharing, martijn. i agree that video seems a bit extraneous, however, it might make sense for some folks to wait for the d300s' release, as prices will certainly drop on the d300, not to mention some will be hitting the used market.</p>

<p>i,too, upgraded from d80 to d300, mainly for higher ISO performance, though the AF, pro build, faster shutter rate, etc., were also nice. and, i also use the 50-150. super lens, it doesnt bother me at all that it's "not a Nikon." for the type of shooting i do--mainly event/concert stuff, often in crowded clubs--the relatively small size (compared to an 80-200/70-200) is a big plus.</p>

<p>here's a shot from the other night with that combo...</p><div>00TxlC-155671684.jpg.e4ed9e47a48129fa7d2b8ebe8b00d879.jpg</div>

<p>Man, I passed up a factory referb D300 a few weeks ago at Samy's Camera in Los Angeles for $1099 because I'm low on money, and I want 2, but now I wish I did it. I'm also going for the Sigma 50-150, glad to see a good example of it. I shoot lots of concert stuff too and will use the either the Nikon 17-55 or Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 on the other body to cover the classic pro focal length of 24-200 at f/2.8.</p>

<p>michael, yeah, the 50-150 is sweet on a d300, no question. nothing like getting in nice and tight... where you really appreciate it over a 70/80-200 is at all-day and/or all-night festivals when you're wearing the camera for hours at a time. i'm actually surprised more nikon shooters dont use it, considering how good it is...</p>

<p>Arthur,<br>

D300 is geen speeltje, net zo min als de D700, welke dezelfde goede beeldkwaliteit levert als de D300, behalve iso 3200 en hoger, waar de D700 iets beter is. Jij ook gefeliciteerd.</p>

<p>Gaan we hier nu Nederlands spreken?</p>

<p>I also went from a D80 to a D300, and after some 7 months sold the D80. I thought it would be nice to have 2 bodies (and since I was photographer at a few weddings, I needed to anyway). But in reality, the D80 stayed in the bag because the D300 feels so much nicer to the hands.<br>

Sure, a D700 has some advantages, and I keep getting the idea how nice a FX camera would be... until I realise that my long lenses will shrink, and I love my long lenses! So I rather stick to DX for now.</p>