Nikon lenses on FD

geoffgp

<p>On EOS cameras (I haven't tried to adapt Nikon to FD) you can meter through the lens fine, it's just that you have to stop down to the shooting aperture, <strong>before</strong> you meter. I'm pretty sure it would work the same on the FD mount. Use whatever the equivalent is of aperture-priority setting, or manual.</p>

<p>Geoff, are you saying that because it wouldn't have <em><strong>automatic</strong> </em> apertures that you wouldn't use them? Because otherwise, I think that you are misreading what is being said.</p>

<p>There are only two Canon FD mount cameras that I can think of that will auto meter with a nikon or (any other compatible mount) lens. A-1 and T90. Both have stopped down AE.<br>

Many old F-series inclusing both F-1s will stop down manually meter, but you neeto get the lends stopped down.<br>

That's not an original Canon Lens Mount Converter N, those are hard to find, harder than the Exakta Lens Mount Converter.</p>

<p>I have an original Canon adapter as well as a no-name adapter. The no-name adapter is a little tight but works. I have a lot more Canon and Canon mount lenses than Nikkors and Nikon mount lenses. It's handy to be able to use my 35/2.8 PC Nikkor on an F-1. It's very easy to use stop down metering with an F-1 so that doesn't bother me. If you are shooting a moving subject then auto diaphragm operation is more important than full aperture metering.</p>

<p>Thanks for all your responses. I've just purchased the adapter and I'll just use stopped down metering. I've just found the original instruction booklet so I now know how. Over the years I'd forgotten how to!</p>