Is Beach Camera a trustable vendor?

<p>Hi,i found a great deal on beach camera. http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=NKD40KT2<br>

A Nikon D40 DSLR Kit, 18-55 and 55-200 mm Lenses and 2 dvds.<br>

They had this offer on Amazon a while back and the dealer ran out of stock.Now im scared to trust this new company.<br>

I just wanted to know if anyone has ever bought from these guys im in a foreign country and really really scared of being scammed.Is Beach Camera a reputable vendor?<br>

Can anyone offer me any advice with online shopping?Or does anyone know of another deal similar to the one above online?<br>

Thank you.</p>

</h3><div>00TqqB-151427684.jpg.0ca6a84b60d3751b0d7e0ac9fcefb9e6.jpg</div>

<p>I've never bought from them, but looking on their resellerratings entry ...<br>

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Beach_Camera_Beachtr<br>

... I would think they are ok.<br>

On the other side, their price is nothing amazing or outstanding ... look here ..<br>

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/532254-REG/Nikon_9420_D40_SLR_Digital_Camera.html<br>

... and B&H certainly is a trustworthy shop (and even I have bought stuff from them).</p>

<p>As a rule of thumb ... if in doubt about an onlineshop ... check them in resellerratings ... compare their prices to shops like B&H Adorama and Amazon. (If their resellerratings entry is low, or if their prices are suspiciously cheap compared to reputable stores ... keep your fingers off the purse and walk away).</p>

<p>I've never dealt with Beach Camera. All I can tell you is that their score at resellerratings.com is high - 9.08 out of a possible 10. You should check there and read the reviews, also. For the most part, posts here referring to Beach have been positive.</p>

<p>For info, B&H is offering the same D40 package for $699, but there is also a $150 instant rebate. That means the bottom-line prices from both stores are about the same. You might contact both stores and ask about any shipping issues to your country, and the costs involved there. That might help you make a decision.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Rainer, you beat me to it!</p>

<p>All I can say is "caution." I guess it depends on the salesperson you get on the phone and other things. I've never bought anything from them but a friend of mine was pressured excessively with a lot of BS as to why he should buy a different Nikon outfit than the one he called about. <br>

If you are saving 20% perhaps it's worth running a risk. But if you are saving just $20 or so, go to B&H or Adorama who have strong reputations for no-questions-asked returns.</p>

<p>Yes, Beach Camera was reliable for me. About the same as B&H, Adorama, and CanogaCamera.com, Calumet, and few others.</p>

<p>When ordering via phone, you must show that you know what you are ordering, or else you could get another recommendation from sales person - and that could be to your advantage or not?</p>

<p>Just make sure you know exactly what you want. If you ask for advice or express any doubt, then you can get into options and alternative option propositions from all the vendors I mentioned.</p>

<p>As an example with Adorama, I was sure what studio flashes I wanted, but not about the stands, and I did let them pick for me. Clearly I did not do my homework. I received stands that were way too light for the 12 pounds heavy monolight. </p>