Help! - No Audio with Beachtek and Canon 5D Mark II

<p>I rented a Beachtek DXA -5D and two pair of Wireless Lavilier mic's from Adolph Gassers. I can hear the both left and right audio through the headphones when I record, however when I playback either in Camera or through the external AV jacks I only hear a hissing noise with no audio. If I unplug the Beachtek the internal microphone records but when I plug it in again I get no Audio. I am video taping a seminar on Monday where I will be too far away to use internal mic. Am I doing something wrong or is the Beachtek or my camera's mic input broken?<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>OK, checklist:<br />Mics plugged in properly (XLR connectors may need a little push 'till they "snap in.")<br />Line/Mic level selector set properly? (Must be Mic.)<br />Levels (vol/left/right) set correctly..?<br />Do your mics need phantom power? If yes, is the batery in the unit (or in mics) installed and OK? Is the phantom power switch on?</p>

<p>Bad News! I got a bad camera from Adorama. Tested the same configuration with another 5D2 at Calumet and everything with the Beachtek checked out fine. Plugged a simply mini plug mic into 5D and again no sound. Cleared all custom settings back to factory and even tried the Magic Lantern firmware as a long shot. No Go. Had to rent a Canon Vixia HV30 HD Video camera for an extra $120 buck with tapes. I was going to use HV30 to record the audio and use 5D2 for the Video but I don't want to take risk trying to sync audio in Sony Vegas. So... No 5D2 this time. I will have to shoot with the wireless laviler mic's and the Canon HV30. I wont have the low light flexibility so I grabbed an LED light for an extra $30. Costs are going up but can not risk not having audio.<br>

Bummed out about the 5D Mark II. I look at this like a semi pro camera and did not expect it to fail at such an important time.</p>

• 4 weeks later...