Photography Business Name

<p>Ive been trying to come up with a good name for my photography company, and so far have not been able to. After some advice and suggestions from friends and a lot of thought on my own, I have a couple ideas. I have searched for available domains as well and they are hard to come by but these particular ones are open. Its really hard to come up with any good available domains so dont steal my ideas until I decide! :P (Im joking but still serious...)<br>

Anyway, which of these ideas sound better to you?<br>

- InnovativeCapture.com - BetterCapture.com - and - CaptureTheWorld.net - (".com" is taken and the owner if this blank website wont respond to my emails....)<br>

Also if you have suggestions, lets have em!</p>

<p>McKown's ______________ photography<br>

or<br>

Thomas' ______________ photography<br>

in the blanks add an adjective ie: conceptual, aesthetic, illustrative, scenic, pituresque, quant, symbolic, expounding, elucidatory, etc.</p>

<p>Though this may be a bit bland.</p>

I am currently using "ThomasMcKownPhoto.com" but my problem with that is that nobody (Dr.s included) can either say or spell the name "McKown" correctly. Nobody can ever find my website because they cant remember how to spell the name. I really would like something that is easy to remember, easy to spell, and not intimidating to try to say correctly. Thanks for the suggestions though, its hard to judge your own thoughts sometimes without feedback.

<p>Don't use a generic domain like the ones you suggested. Using your own name shows total ownership of the business and is much more professional, IMHO.</p>

<p>My wife and I, we came up with Aldrich Imaging because it sounds good when you say it. Also, aldrichimaging.com was very available as a domain.</p>

<p>Well, how DO you say it? McKown as is wedding GOWN, or ice cream CONE?</p>

<p>At least at this time, I have nothing brilliant for a business name aside from "Photography by Tom"...but please use your name in the domain, even if it's tmphoto.com. If it's taken, try different variations of photograhy: tmfoto, tmfotos, tmphotos, tomsfoto, etc.</p>

<p>"Nobody can ever find my website because they can't remember how to spell the name."</p>

<p>...business cards? $19.99 for 100 at Staples if you don't mind B&W and so-so paper (mail ordered cards from them are superior).</p>

<p>--Ryan</p>

<p>I struggled with that stuff too and decided on "Photography by Charles L Webster" and www.charlesLwebster.com.<br>

The "Photography by..." means I don't need a notice of ficticious name etc. to get a business bank account, and I have no issues with checks written to me personally.<br>

When I went to find a domain name, I found that www.charleswebster.* is already taken by a popular UK musician/DJ, so I added my middle initial and found the name available.</p>

<p><Chas></p>

OK then. I have business cards, and I already use the domain ThomasMcKownPhoto.com. I was being told by a lot of people that I just need to lose the last name because its a poor name for people to remember. People I know dont even get it right most of the time. The point that word of mouth is a great form of advertising locally, but nobody could refer people to me without a business card handy was also made. I guess Im over thinking it, but asking everybody I know, changing the name was a generally agreed opinion. I personally dont like "photography by ____" because its so commonly used. It also seems that there are a million photogs that use their names, and its harder to stand out in the sea of peoples names. Most of the top photogs in my area use a company name that is simple, easy to remember, and un-intimidating to say to the common person. If they are personal names, they are simple names. I think Im just cursed with a name that isnt very marketable, haha. But I could be wrong. Maybe my best option would be to buy TDMPhoto.com and redirect it to my website, I dont know.

<p>Thomas: I completely understandthe name thing. With a last name of Westmoreland- that makes a business name fairly tough. We took the first letter of my first name (Kent) and the first letter of my wife's first name (Jackie), chopped off the last name a little. That got me to kjwesphotos.com. Main thin is to get the cards out & get the website noticed through Google, etc.<br>

If you are good- it will come...<br>

Good luck, wes</p>