Mess Ikonta and Bessa RF 6x9s

<p>I took my newly acquired Mess Ikonta with me to Austria at the end of last month, along with my Rolleiflex E2. It was fun using film as a tourist again, using Velvia 50 in the Zeiss for <em>big</em> transparencies and FP4 in the Rollei. Although the Ikonta has the basic Novar lens, I got some images that pleased me.</p>

<p>Since we got back, I've been spending a lot of time on the rebuild of our cottage in Devon, frequently passing Camerex in Exeter, so I thought I'd pop in and see what Kevin has in stock. Lurking next to some very nice Super Ikontas, I spotted a tatty Bessa RF, with the Heliar lens. I've fancied one of those since seeing an article about the one presented to Field Marshall Montgomery at the end of WWII and, given the reasonable price we agreed, I came away quite satisfied.</p>

<p>So now, with the Century Graphic, I have <em>3</em> 6x9 cameras...</p><div>00Tibu-146563584.jpg.40032a142d15c822297494eea3340a36.jpg</div>

<p>I shot 7 rolls of Velvia in the Alps but I'll only bore you with one shot. I tried to find a UV filter before going but, hey, most tourists in the 'fifties wouldn't have used one...</p><div>00Tic3-146565584.jpg.22443c59ab8eb69f3773ff18c481102f.jpg</div>