f4s good choice for drag boat racing?

lisa_lowden

<p>hi, want to shoot film at the drag boat races this we. i have an f5/f4s to use. i dont wanna use the f5. can the f4s do the job taking action shots at the races. i dont want to do the dslr route either on saturday. i want a clear view. i just got the f4 and havent really taken any action shots yet. btw the f4s is my favorite camera. thks for all responses. ll</p>

<p>rob i dont understand your statement. eric i just like it better, it has knobs and levers and was more revolutionary when introduced. i am also known as ken rockwell, hehe. i guess if it was good enough for sports photog for 9 years its good enough for me. ll</p>

<p>Any camera with a motor drive is well suited to action photography. I used an F3HP with MD-4 motor drive and FM2N with MD-12 motor drive for several years to photograph action and school sports. The only limitation is how quickly you can manually focus.</p>

<p>With some action events autofocus is not essential, so there are fewer advantages to quick autofocus. Many racing events usually involve either panning, with relatively little change in distance between camera and subject; or using trap or zone focusing, prefocusing on a specific spot and waiting for the action to move into that zone.</p>

<p>If you prefer the F4 and either find the autofocus speed acceptable, or are comfortable with manual focus, go ahead and use it.</p>