Let's see some 5d2 video!

<p>a couple of my friends have the 5d2 and have posted some small, personal clips online - i'm always curious to see what people are doing with this camera in the amateur video world. the compression artifacts of youtoob are not pretty...at least with mine (anyone find an acceptable formula?)<br>

here's some clips from the other night with the built in camera sound. let's see yours!<br>

<p>Matt M<br>

I wouldn't be too hard on your vid. I thought it looked fine. The only thing I could think of that might have worked for you better was to turn auto focus off and do it manually.<br>

If you want to check out some other cool footage with an unusual camera do some vid searches for "Red Camera" or "Red One" etc one google vid, youtoobs and vimeo. I'm not trying to plug Red or anything, I just like odd ball vid cameras like the 5D mkII or the Red One. I think they represent a glimpse at the future of video capture.<br>

http://www.red.com/</p>

<p>angel, how did you get the 'HD' to work with youtoob? i didn't see any check boxes for that?<br>

also, are people using vimeo now because they offer higher uploads or better compression? or just more professional look/interface to the site?<br>

mercedes, i was shooting with manual focus. lens was 50mm 1.8 - was going for more focus 'buzzes' to use for some jump cuts, but i got a bit lazy in editing :( the red one is a pretty decent camera - still some bugs to be worked out though...</p>

<blockquote>

<p>angel, how did you get the 'HD' to work with youtoob? i didn't see any check boxes for that?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Matt, I just dropped the original file as is to the youtube upload, if the file(any) is atleast 1280x720, then you should see HD a few hours after you upload. I guess its automatic for youtube, no check boxes or anything. I dont know why your video is HQ only. Maybe you used a program to render it or edit and output your file to standard definition. Check your render settings for whatever program you are using. Vimeo is cool too, but they limit your data unless you pay a fee. I find youtube to be better quality than vimeo.</p>