I Did My First Wedding....A Few Pics

steve_elms

<p>I agree with that statement. I truly hope that as the years go by, my experience allows me to grow and become much better at what I do. And I agree that this will be as a result of contacts and relationships made with peers, associations, practice and general experience.</p>

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p ><strong><em>"it is a common thing for new wedding photographers to claim that the clients were ecstatic and to use the 'that's all that matters' statement as a security and comfort blanket (after having taken a lot of critiques)"</em></strong></p>

<p > </p>

<p >Yes, agreed.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >As we are exploring this point . . . another aspect to this: </p>

<p > </p>

<p >If the Photographer begins to believes that the Clients' feedback (accumulative over a few jobs), is: "<strong><em>the yardstick</em></strong>": then when Client number XX happens to be grumpy or cantankerous or whatever, that can become an insurmountable problem for the Practitioner who is solely focused on Client satisfaction, and up to that point has been fed from it. </p>

<p > </p>

<p >This is akin, but different, to to David's Comment <em>"There will come a day when you'll have a bride that isn't happy, regardless of having done a good job....would that mean that you did a poor job?"</em></p>

<p > </p>

<p >WW</p>