Very Cheap Processing

<p>I just picked up a processed 36 exp. roll of Portra 400VC with an index card (no prints, no CD) from CVS Pharmacy for 0.32 cents. Processed one hour. I had them thriple check the price in their computer and that is the price. Check it out.</p>

<p>CVS was a real hit or miss proposition. When they were good they were very good. When they were not good they were dreadful. I stopped using them several years ago. It just wasn't worth the aggravation. If you want cheap processing you can send your film to Clark or York (same place, different name). They are a little hit or miss too but at least they're cheap. I wonder what their house brand film is now?</p>

<p>I've been processing with a Longs Pharmacy in the Bay Area, now CVS, for about a year. Had a good relationship with the people in the photo dept. Never had a problem with quality or timeliness. I can see no difference in quality between them and a local photographic specialty house. I didn't realize that CVS had taken them over until I went to pay. The price dropped from over $3.00 to the 0.32 cents. Same quality as far as I could tell. We'll see.</p>

<p>From a conversation with the photo dept. at Longs recently, I was told this. That if you send your exposed roll to Fuji for their "special processing", you were getting less care and paying more than having them done in the store. Of course that depends on the people in the photo dept. and how their equipment is maintained. In the store the film content is actually looked at and color can be adjusted if desired. At Fuji processors it is all automated. No one even looks at the content while processing. I know that I cannot tell the difference between the two.</p>

<p>longs had far and away the best photo dept of any drugstore i've ever given any film to, and better than any department/discount store. and thats even across 4 or 5 stores within the chain that i'd used at one point or another. i'm hoping the switchover to CVS doesnt affect this.. at least at my local store the personnel is still the same for the time being. i've read horror stories on here about CVS and how some of them even cease to have a minilab...<br>

another thing of note is longs had whittled their film selection down to a few disposables and maybe MAX 400.. and when they switched to CVS they started stocking tri-x?? at my local drug store, fresh tri-x. very odd but very welcomed!!</p>

<p>Target is $.99 for next day processing. At least the couple of women who work at my local Target do a pretty good job. So far I've yet to have any processing actually screwed up. As for cut negatives, everyone once in awhile (1 roll in 5?) I'll find the very edge of a negative cut on a roll, but it is rarely more then 1 or 2 of the negatives on the whole roll...and it isn't cut in half, just the outter maybe 2-5% trimmed (annoying, but rarely end of the world).</p>