Client Workflow

<p>Hi Everybody,<br>

I'm fairly new to the business side of photography and have recently shot some publicity photos/headshots for a musician. I'm wondering how everyone else here handles the selection process and what they actually show their clients for proofing. Do you show them all the RAW images and have them pick a few of their favorites for editing and enhancement, do you do any basic editing of the photos before showing them anything, or do you just choose your favorite few from the shoot and deliver those after editing? Also, do you show them possible treatments to consider i.e. Color, B/W, Sepia, etc. Basically what is the process you go through with a client after the shoot. Thanks in advance for any tips.<br>

-Heath</p>

<p>i first throw away the duds, like those that are unsharp, out-of-focus, eyes closed, unflattering pose, false exposure and so on. the i prepare the remaining ones to be technically correct like white balance, capture sharpening, no sensor dust.... and present those to the client.<br>

philipp</p>

<p>What Phillipp said, plus I present mine in a html-based jpg gallery output from my current management tool iView/Expression Media which enables the client to open the gallery in any web browser and very quickly view them as thumbs with larger files attached, and image number and caption info to the side for ease of selection.</p>

<p>In addition to getting rid of the duds, I use Adobe Bridge (and currently evaluating Lightroom) to flag and rate selections -- that way I can just pull up the ones I know I am the most interested in, no matter how long it has been since I've looked at them. I then use Adobe Bridge to output to a web gallery for the client to review. make sure as part of this process that you have saved a backup copy of your raw files (I do so automatically through Adobe Bridge photo download; Lightroom offers same option as well).</p>