Canon F1N AE prism exposure scale

igord

<p>I have a question about the horizontal scale in F1N AE prism. When the camera is in A mode and LIGHT position the horizontal scale is not lit. In manual mode the vertical scale is lit. Is it normal or something is wrong with the prism/camera?</p>

<p>Yes, this appears to be normal. I just played with my two F1Ns and it does the same thing. The horizonal scale is lighted by ambient light entering the translucent window near the film rewind lever .. however, the verticle scale is indeed lighted with an activation of the meter. Perhaps someone else will chime in .. but both my F1Ns are working as you describe. Appears to be nothing wrong with the camera ..</p>

<p>The vertical aperture scale is built into all F-1N bodies. It is illuminated by ambient light from the translucent window just to the right of the rewind knob. Inside this window is a bulb that lights up when your metering switch is in the "Light" position. If you remove your prism, you can see the aperture scale just above the focusing screen and just under the translucent window. You should be able to see it light up when you turn the metering on in the "Light" mode.</p>

<p>The horizontal shutter speed scale is built into the AE prism and not in the F-1N body. It is illuminated only by the translucent window on the front of the AE prism above the Canon logo.</p>