If you have a 16-35mm do you think you will use a 14mm?

click_clocks

<p>I doubt it. But a lot depends on whether one or the other had better image quality - for example if the Sigma 14mm had much superior image quality, then you might use it. I would hope the Sigma has better distortion control for example, but I've no idea whether it does.</p>
Robin Smith

<p>Yes, it would be better if it was the Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II. If price was not problem. But as mentioned above, if you have that top-gun lens then the zoom may stay at home. You may just add Canon EF 35mm 1.4L and you are perfect!</p>

<p>It would have to be a conon fixed focal point lens to make it worth wild.<br>

owen fitter photography<br /> www.fitterphoto.com <br /> <br /> <br /> 114 wharton st. | philadelphia, pa 19147<br /> tel: 215.271.5544 | owen@fitterphoto.com</p>

<p>I kept my 14mm 2.8 Tamron when I added 16-35mm II. If you appreciate the ultra wide there's nothing like 14mm perspective on full frame. That said I may ditch the 14mm Tamron now that I have 14-24mm 2.8 Nikon. This Nikon zoom is an incredible lens. I wish Canon made a lens like it. Since they don't I also added D700 to drive it. Finding the ultimate 14mm can complicate things. Though I have a friend who reports his newly issued 14mm II Eos is clearly superior to Eos 14mm version I. So he sold his 14mm 2.8 V.1 already to recoup some of the outlay for 14mm II.</p>

<p><strong><em>"Do you think you will use the 14mm again?" </em></strong><br />Yes I think so; definitely, regarding the Focal Length and leaving IQ out of the question - I have not used that Sigma lens.<br />FYI:<br /><a href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00ItIu">http://www.photo.net/canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00ItIu</a><br /><a href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00LpYO">http://www.photo.net/canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00LpYO</a><br /><br />I have subsequently purchased the 16 - 35L and 24L but I am still holding off on the EF14mm - but have decided I want it (Ver.II) - so my answer is yes I would use both - 14mm is a different perspective. <br />I do not think Colin has yet purchased a 14mm, either: if he is listening he might answer or I'll ask him next we talk - and let you know his feelings on this.<br />I am glad Lindy Stone answered: Hmm I do not think the Nikon Zoom is for me . . . <br />Lindy's input was a great help to me, before, on the thread I linked to, thanks again, Lindy.<br />WW</p>

<p>If I had a Canon 14mm lens then I probably would. However, with the Sigma I am not so sure. I have the 16-35 F2.8 II and I also have an old (Film only) Sigma 14mm F3.5. While the Sigma has a wider field of view than the Cannon it is optically pretty poor and suffers badly from flare. I assume you have the newer 14mm F2.8 from Sigma which works on digital bodies. If this lens is anything like it's predecessor then I would suggest that you would rarely or never use it.</p>

• 2 months later...

<p>I just bought Canon 16-35mm 2.8L II, used on 5dM2 body. I also have 24-70mm 2.8L, and actually I am thinking I should have bought the 14mm instead. The reason is, I can just use my 24-70mm at 24mm and make one step backwards, and get the same "wide" as the 16mm.<br>

Does anyone has the same thought here?</p>