please help!

zach_hopkins

<p>Little black dots? Where do you see them? Through the viewfinder? On the print you get back? Or on the negative itself? And the scratches--do you see them on the lens, in the viewfinder, on the negatives/prints?</p>

<p>If on the negatives or prints for either defect, where do you see them? In the center, on the corner? Are they in the same place from frame to frame throughout the whole roll? Are they very noticeable or tiny? Are the scratches horizontal lines across the long dimension of the frame? If they're very noticeable but somewhat blurry spots then the problem could be the lens. If there are horizontal scratches then the film was mishandled during processing or there was a piece of dust in the flap.</p>

<p>If you only see these defects when you look through the viewfinder, unmount the lens and look at the reflex mirror through the front. If you see the same defects there, then you should be okay because although they may be distracting while composing your image, they will not show up on the film.</p>

<p>ya i see them when i look through the viewfinder i have gotten any of them printed yet but i looked and the dots where on the reflex mirror. I will get back to you when i get some pictures printed and the scratch i think is on the reflex mirror is that goin to be a problem?</p>

<p>thanks so much for your help!</p>

<p>Any defects showing on the mirror are not going to show in the developed film or any prints made from the film. This is because the purpose of the mirror is to allow the photographer to preview the image being captured, in much the same way that it will actually be exposed on the film. This permits the photographer to determine proper focus and exposure settings. When you press the shutter release button, the mirror swings up temporarily. The incoming light that exposes the film does not interact with the mirror. So marks or scratches on the mirror do not show up on your film.</p>

<p>Now, if there were a defect in the <strong>lens</strong> , you would have a more serious problem. The lens focuses the incoming light. If something blocks or improperly interferes with that light, you may see it in the resulting exposure.</p>

<p>Happy shooting!</p>

<p>Zack, when you look through the viewfinder. you are lookin into a prism, that then looks at the mirror at right angle, then looks through the lens at the subject in line with the film, hence the name SLR (single lens reflex) when you take a pic the mirror swings up as previously explained. the piece above the mirror is generally the focus screan to be honest i don`t know this model, someone else may help with this as some cameras can have the screan removed for clean or replacement with another..CHEERS :)</p>