graphic tablet

<p >As I began to start fixing my photos in lightroom and in photoshop, the mouse alone is not enough especially where I need to fix an area where there are refine edges. I want to get a graphic tablet however I was reading that you should buy the graphic tablet for the software and hot only for the tablet. If this is true is it better to get the tablet with a good software and not for the size of the tablet?</p>

<p>Tablets come with bundled software, but they are usually basic versions of higher end products. Not that there is anything wrong with them. They are a good start to know if you want to go higher later. But you might want to start out with a Wacom Bamboo. $99 or $199 for 4x5 or 6x9 respectively. The Intuos line of Wacom is good and you get more levels of pressure when using the pen, but I still use my prior generation 4x5 Graphire with no problems.</p>

<p>WACOM, definitely. I have and use an Intuos model. The pen feels/holds very naturally, not so with many other brands.<br>

I wouldn't be interested in the software bundles, just making certain that the driver works. The WACOM interfaces well with Adobe software, so that's its enhanced features, llke pressure-senstive strokes come into full play.</p>