Canon ad interferes with access to forum

peter_e

<p>Users have alerted you weeks ago that the animated pull-off ad interferes with the access to the forum on certain browsers. The bad news is now that it interferes in IE 8, and IE is a default Windows update. Safe to say that a lot of users will experience this. As long as the ad pointed to the Adorama site we could access the forum tab from there. Now it takes us to the Canon website which does not provide access to the forum. Please get this fixed, or change the ad to a regular banner ad. Thanks!</p>

<p>IE8 is giving us (and many other websites) some trouble. We are working on fixing it, but until then I highly suggest that you use one of these solutions:</p>

<ul>

<li>Use Firefox</li>

<li>Bookmark the main forum page: <a href="../community/">http://www.photo.net/community/</a> </li>

<li>Go to any other page on the site (since the canon ad is only on the front page) and access the forums from there.</li>

</ul>

<p>You want us to change browsers to avoid a broken Canon ad? In kindness I would remind PN that the purpose of advertising is to make people happy with a product not to piss them off about it. </p>

<p>It is in Canon and PN's best interest to fix this problem. It is extremely annoying and shows Canon and its products in a very bad light. It is the web equivalent of telemarketing.</p>

<p>Rick,</p>

<p>As I said, we are working on fixing it. This was a surprise forced update from Microsoft that. We had no idea that they were going to be changing things in such a way that it would break the site nor did we have any idea that it was going to be a forced update that all MS users would have to do.</p>

<p>For now, I think the suggestions of turning on "Compatibility View" or using Firefox are fine stop-gap measures.</p>