Fuji Finepix S1000fd camera

<p>I recently purchased a Fuji Finepix S1000fd camera, this is a fixed lens with 10mp-12x zoom. It takes pretty good pix once you learn all its little tricks. However, I am having trouble downloading the pix from the camera to my computer with Windows Vista system. I follow the inst. manual instructions and try to transfer the pix to Finepix Viewer installed on the PC. After 2 to 3 pix are loaded, the PC freezes up and I have to reboot it and try again. Sometimes I have to try 3 or 4 times, with several reboots, before the all of the pix are finally transfered. I sent several emails to Fuji about this problem, but they never answered. Any help in solving this problem would be appreciated, thanks. </p>

<p>Alternatively, ignore Vista's prompting for action.<br>

That is - plug in the camera throught he USB cable, power it on, then when Vista pops up a window asking for "action", what to do with the new USB device - just close the window.<br>

Then go to "My Computer" and find the device - it will be named "FinePix S1000" or very similar.<br>

Drill down, just as a folder (or USB drive), and you will see all the pictures.<br>

Select all (Ctrl-A), and drag and drop the images where you want them to be.<br>

Note that for some reason the "move" doesn't seem to work. Even though images do get copied, it does not get deleted from the camera.<br>

Once the images are transfered, power down camera, unplug, power up, delete all pics on card, or format card in camera.<br>

Have fun.</p>

<p>I echo both writers and gave up on Canon Browser years ago and always use what was already in my computer W2K and now XP .... though I do find Irfanview Thumbnails quite useful at times and always use a card reader since I got over my reluctance to get one.</p>